Guest viewing is limited

Very vulnerable and feel afraid. False allegations against me.

Do you have anyone representing you for the criminal hearing? I’m not that up in this but I thought you were always entitled to a lawyer if it’s a criminal matter (via legal aid).

Yes it’s a good idea to have a barrister for a final hearing - it’s quite a crucial time where the outcome can affect yours and the kids lives. A barrister is also an advocate - they speak for you (which a McKenzie friend can’t). They can say things you can’t say - they can persuade Judges with clever arguments using caselaw. If you can possibly raise or borrow about 4k for a barrister for a final hearing it could save years of headache.

It’s xxit that we have to pay all that money to see our kids but it’s the way the law works in these situations with difficult exes.

Having said that - it needs to be the right person (barrister).
In London the cheapest barrister for a one day final hearing is about 5k.

It is difficult to know when it is the right person (barrister)

Little update:

I went to court on the 22nd July which to be honest was just me pleading not guilty yet again and the court putting some dates in the diary. What a waste of a whole day for just that.
Was treated like a criminal and told I can go to prison if i don't attend court, etc. I'm not stupid but feel like it is so wrong to be hearing all this. Of course I will turn up.
So they've set the court date for the trial and it is July 2025......Another year of hell to go through before anything gets done!
So more living in limbo land on bail for something I never did.
I have to get my evidence in to the courts in the next few months but then nothing til next year. It's an absolute joke.
No wonder there is such a high male suicide rate with the crap men have to go through!

To show you how crazy my ex is, listen to this...
My sister was allowed to go to our home to fetch some of my things that I'd told her solicicitor I needed as ofcourse I have all my things in the house. This was agreed. Any Big items, I was going to leave in the house as it is still our joint home and I have every right to leave thnigs there.
That evening I bought my sister dinner to thank her for her help and she suddenly gets a text from my ex saying that the 500 litre fish tank and oak stand that weighs a tonne is on it's way to my parents house and I will have to pay delivery of £225.
How messed up is that! So not only has she moved it which will have caused stress to the glass but to just deicde to send this huge item to my parents house is absolutely crazy. This is the level of messed up we are dealing with here!

In the family court side of things, they decided not to do a fact find hearing which in my opinion is very much needed. Instead the social worker has been asked to write a report. This in my opinion is not good as she came on the scene when she was told I had assaulted my wife so will be 100% on her side. I've seen it.

Ive now not seen the kids in months. My ex has said that the children are "restrained" which is total BS as the only time I had to restrain my son was picking him up one time. He has autuism and when he finds things difficult he bolts and runs. I had to grab him as he was runnning into the road and then calm him down indoors. Perfectly normal. Then she says the children are worried about what could happen. Well that is because she has poisoned them with ideas and telling them that their dad pushed their mum on to the concrete patio. Not only is this completly false but also so wrong to be involving children in these matters.
She then suggests I see them supervised for an hour at the weekend. I dont get how she can just stop me seeing them and do what she wants. It is hugely damaging on the children. All based on her lies!

She then suggests I see them supervised for an hour at the weekend. I dont get how she can just stop me seeing them and do what she wants. It is hugely damaging on the children. All based on her lies!
I can feel your frustration and share it having been through the supervised contact shenanigans but are you going to reconnect and spend the time on a weekend with the kids? What does she suggest for supervision, a family centre (if so will she split the costs) or relative?

Reactions: Ash
Really sorry to hear this. But accept the supervised time in a contact centre to be able to keep seeing your kids. I suppose you could ask her to share the cost but she's unlikely to. Unfortunately many Dads end up stuck seeing their kids in a contact centre until family court proceedings have progressed. But some don't even get that, so grab the chance.

The criminal case - that is a blow - a year is a long time yes. But the fact the court didn't want to do a fact find is in your favour. It suggests they think any allegations the ex might make, don't mean you can't have a relationship with the children. So you may get more than contact centre time at an interim hearing. Try to put the criminal case out of mind once you've submitted evidence. Are you getting a free criminal lawyer?

As for your ex's behaviour - unfortunately it gets like this with divorce. Sometimes they can just dump your stuff outside the house in bin bags (or round at your place). She's clearing the house of anything she doesn't want. It's the pits. But now you're separated, this is how it is.

I agree with ash, given all the allegations and horrendous behaviour by ex, the court does not deem any of it as a problem having a relationship with your kids.

Do not get disheartened, keep pushign through and let her behave like an idiot. Get to that criminal trial but please please ensure you have representation for it. Do not let her win! have a barrister cross examine her into oblivion, she deserves it.

Hi Pj66,

Thankyou for asking.

Unfortunately things have been up and down. I sadly hardly saw my children all summer.
After my stbx told the court several things, she stopped me seeing them again.
Things such as: the children are afraid after what happened to their mum. This is blatant manipulation and she should have never told the children that she got pushed on the concrete in the first place as this is also completely false. Ofcourse this will worry them.
Then she told the court I restrain the children. Once again, no context. So the court just heard that. My son has autism and adhd and when he gets overwhelmed he runs. We’ve seen it many times. I had to scoop him up as he ran out the house towards the road and calm him down.

All this led to me having two hours of contact on two days in the summer. And this was supervised!!!!!! I agreed to it but made it vclear I did not agree with this supervision.
Ofcourse my children were so happy to see me and they kept saying they wish they could stay longer, were wondering why the social worker was there, and kept telling me how much they wanted to see me again.

The following week the social worker sent an email suggesting more contact as it was clear the boys loved seeing me. All of this could have been avoided if stbx hadn’t said what she did and asked for supervised access.
I can’t believe she gets away with it.

I’ve since had one more day (this past Saturday) but stbx is still dictating when they see me. It’s not right. She's now said they are off on holiday the next 3 weekends. Where is the fairness in that? And over the summer she shipped them off to their grandparents when they should have been with me.

Tonight I found out through the social worker that my son was in A&E yesterday and has broken a bone and was in pain so was off school. I am fuming as stbx should have informed me straight away. I’m their dad. I should know all this immediately.
It is so wrong. To hell with court orders in emergencies. You let parents know. Stbx should have told me.
I would let her know if it had happened when with me. It's being a parent and normal!
I’m very angry as I can’t do anything. It’s driving me insane.

Could you send him a card or a message via the social worker? Or ask her if you can have a video call with him? That must be hell knowing your child is in hospital. Actually I don't see why you can't go. But I'd do it via the social worker. You have PR and it's supervised in hospital! Be careful though as if ex is there you could be breaching an NMO. The SW seems to be being slightly helpful here so say to her you want to go and see your son in hospital as you think he needs both his parents at a time like this, and can she arrange a time you can go when ex isn't there, or supervise you.

Hold onto the times you are seeing the kids. You'll get there in the end.

It sounds like ex is just not going to contact you about anything and using SW to do these things instead. I can't remember but is there an NMO in place? Which might be why she's not contacting you.

Hi Ash,
Good idea about sending something. I sent a get well soon card and a book that he really likes. I have asked the social worker to check that he got it so that my Ex does not throw it away.

I would love to have gone down to the hospital however as you mention I can not go anywhere near my Stbx due to the non molestation order.

Sadly, everything went very bad on Friday night. I had just got home from work after a shattering long week, ready for the weekend.
Suddenly the police turn up and arrest me for supposedly breaking the non molestation order.

It was hell the first time and now I had to re-live this all again which messes with my anxiety and worry. It was very frightening and I was scared.
They took me away and for nearly 9 hours I was there until 2am. Answering questions which are all made up lies from stbx.

She said I drove towards her aggresively - complete rubbish. I drove round the car park to find a car park space as she was leaving and I was collecting the children back in May.
She said I opened my car door which made her scared and terrified when she tol me to wait outside the venue when she went to see the kids dance show. Where else am I supposed ot park? I found a space miles down the car park, nowhere near her, and opened my car door once I saw her leave to go and prioritise picking up my kids who at 10:30pm at night were tired and needing to go go home after a busy day of school and dance show.

Then she said I had tried to call her repeatedly. Once again, absolute rubbish, and then I showed phone logs showing this is completly not true.

The most alarming is that she has said I controlled the childrens Nintendo devices - I had set them up with parental controls to make sure they were safe and not accessing inapropriate things - as any good parent would do. And one of those things is restricting the consoles so that they cant access the internet. This made her claim that "I contact the children and tell them to do things via their Nintendo's" completly laughable as how can I contact a device that can't even access the internet. I dont even own a console myself! Crazy!

She sent my huge 500 litre fish tank to my parents house at nearly 9pm one day for me to say to the delivery to take it back as I had not agreed to this and it is still my home. She accused me of doing this to keep on showing control over her!

Hours of hell in a police cell, being interviewed late at night, for them to say you are free to go, no further action.
This is abuse and damn right harassment. I was just getting over the police incidents and now this has fully got me broken again.
There is a patern now where she keeps making allegations!

Really sorry about that. So when you were in the car park, was that before or after the NMO? Try and see the positive. She tried and failed :) Make a note of this incident for your final statement. I would also do a subject access report to get evidence of what you're ex has claimed and ask for NFA in writing.

Thankyou Ash.
For picking up the kids from cricket, I was in the car park, as agreed before hand. If I'd parked anywhere else my kids wouldnt have known I was there! I had no interaction with my stbx. She even said I had rev'd my car agressively at her. It's a car park surrounded by kids and adults watching the cricket. No one saw that becuase it didnt happen. Complete made up nonsense.

When I was collecting them from their dance show my stbx's dashcam footage completly contradicted her statement and I wasnt parked anywhere near her. It was late (10:30pm) and after a day at school and peforming in the show my sole aim was waiting til my stbx had gone and when I saw her car had gone, I went to pick up the kids. No other intention whatsoever.

For someone who says she is vulnerable and scared of me, even terrified, she said she cant be around me, she then had no problem dropping off my son to me two weeks ago. She even said originally that she didnt want the police involved and that she didnt want bail conditions on me and wanted me to come home. Yet once the lies started coming, she cant stop. She is in a high position job in the NHS and it would ruin her career if it came out she made all this up.
I even have text messages where she suggested we meet up for birthdays and special occasions. Not the kind of thing you would say from someone who is terrified of you!

I am wondering if there is anything I can do as this is harassment and will now be the third time she has sent the police my way.

I am logging everything and have a big file of evidence.

Just keep logging things. Sounds likes she wants you to breach the NMO so she can get you arrested and out of her hair. Or just vindictiveness. So don't breach it, even if she asks to meet up etc. You could ask the Police to log it as harrassment but I don't think you'll get far with it formally being classed as harrassment due to the NMO (if it's formal then she would get a warning from the police). She's taking advantage of "grey areas". Eg you being at the same venue.

Thankyou Ash.
For picking up the kids from cricket, I was in the car park, as agreed before hand. If I'd parked anywhere else my kids wouldnt have known I was there! I had no interaction with my stbx. She even said I had rev'd my car agressively at her. It's a car park surrounded by kids and adults watching the cricket. No one saw that becuase it didnt happen. Complete made up nonsense.

When I was collecting them from their dance show my stbx's dashcam footage completly contradicted her statement and I wasnt parked anywhere near her. It was late (10:30pm) and after a day at school and peforming in the show my sole aim was waiting til my stbx had gone and when I saw her car had gone, I went to pick up the kids. No other intention whatsoever.

For someone who says she is vulnerable and scared of me, even terrified, she said she cant be around me, she then had no problem dropping off my son to me two weeks ago. She even said originally that she didnt want the police involved and that she didnt want bail conditions on me and wanted me to come home. Yet once the lies started coming, she cant stop. She is in a high position job in the NHS and it would ruin her career if it came out she made all this up.
I even have text messages where she suggested we meet up for birthdays and special occasions. Not the kind of thing you would say from someone who is terrified of you!

I am wondering if there is anything I can do as this is harassment and will now be the third time she has sent the police my way.

I am logging everything and have a big file of evidence.
Sounds familiar - I had my exes solicitor writing letters saying not to go down her street. Whilst my ex asking me to drop kids outside her house. Ended up asking them pick boys up from the car at end of her road. Was then during the fact find ( which the judge believed ) accused of holding the kids hostage in the car so I could lure my ex to me.

The whole thing is ridiculous. If we really were the violent maniacs that exes claim we could just go to their houses and assault them, a piece of paper ( non mol ) wouldn’t stop that.

You just need to log everything and try and have someone with you at pick up points.

What are your case dates @MountainGoat, break it down for us so we can get a clear picture of your timeline, CAO , financials , NMO, criminal etc

Also what your funding situation is for each, representation , living arrangements etc

If we have a clear timeline we can perhaps help you strategise

Do you have an interim order for child arrangements ? Also I think you may be in a position to file for costs against the ex.

If you win contested NMO:criminal case and you have no fact finding, I'd hammer costs order home. F her.

If there's no ff and you win criminal, your ex is ffffd in Child proceedings!!! Get her for perjury!

Last edited:
Hi pj66,

The dates are currently as follows:

Social worker to write up section 7 report in next 2 weeks.
2nd November I get to reply to the section 7 report.
A few weeks later then the court hearing for child arrangement order.

I was meant to receive evidence from the CPS about my criminal trial and had to send my reply evidence by the 9th September.
I have so far received nothing from the CPS on the date they said so cant reply to evidence I do not have.

Then I have to wait until August next year for the trial....This is for allegedly controlling and coercive behavior which again is based on lies. I can explain everything. She even claims some things such as saying I had cammeras inside my house to spy on her which is totally false. I can show them the camerra recorder if needed which has 4 ports, and these are my security cameras on the EXTERIOR of the house. As mentioned to police this was put in as a security system several years ago and she had no problem with this.
She says I stopped her going to the gym, again total rubbish.
She says I used find my iphonne to monitor her. Again, we were a family. Lots of people used that especially with a family of children too. Never used for any malicious ppurposes.
And finally she says I used an appple aiirtag to monitor her. I've been through this a million times and told the police it was when she had done a suicide attempt and also when she was driving my kids around after having seiizurres nearly every evening and refusing to declare it to the DVLA.
She says I kept this from her but told her the day after she came out of hospital. It was only if in emergencies we needed to find her or if she had an emergency with the kids. Obviously I'm panicking as the police think I'm obsessed with her. I hate her and want nothing to do with her.

She keeps on claiming I continue to try and control her by asking her to share pickup journeys for when I see the kids, or even saying me keeping some of my posessions in my own home is me trying to show her I am still in control. It is crazy!
So it is going to a trial with a jury. I'm scard shittless as they will bring up my ex's claims she was assaulted and pushed which police took no further action, etc. She will come out with tonnes of stuff.

What people forget to see and only us men here will understand is the trauma and emotional damage all of this causes when all we want to do is priiorotise our children. The latest police arrest has caused me massive problems, no sleep, anxiety, etc. Re-living the whole police cell and all that messed me up.
But once again, and this will be the 4th time now, her allegations were followed up with no further action.

What is the filing costs against her? How would I do that?
I have been told that if I was to win then I would get my money back but it is a big fight that I need to prepare for and I'm not good at this. I struggle with anxiety under pressure.
Luckily I have a solicitor who took my case on as a package so its all in one bundle and she has been really good but I'm scaed at what they could do, espcially if it goes south and I'm found guilty for something I've not done!

It's a bit of a waiting game, which is hard, but you're making progress with the Child Arrangements procedures. I would try and compartmentalise as regards the criminal case, if it's not until next year.

A little bit of news...

I would like to share with you a little bit of better news.

As many of us will have experienced, it is easy to think that social workers can cause more problems than sollutions.
I was dreading what to expect as I have recently had a new social worker assigned to my case as the other one has left.
I felt like this would be an up hill struggle to get him onboard. In fact it was a breath of fresh air.

- I have been told that my stbx wanted me to see my son and daughter for one hour on Saturday. As has been said and he agrees with me, it takes me 45 minutes to cross the city to get to the children in the first place, and they would also need to have lunch too.
The social worker agreed this is not long enough.

- At the moment my elderly parents are doing the pickups as I cant be near her due to bail conditions. The social worker agreed with me that parents need to share the trips. Stbx refused stating that she was vulnerable and afraid which we all know is complete b0llucks.
She had in fact dropped off my kids to me just 3 weeks ago and it wasnt a problem for her then.
And then suddenly after a call to her from the social worker, she has now agreed to fetch them and come half way, which is still not right but shows her ever changing decisions. She then told the social worker she would be taking this to her solicitor which doesnt look good at all on her saying that to the social worker does it!

- She then said that she wanted no nights to take place. And we all know why that is....Because she has stated in the CMS application that the children spend no nights with me which is again totally false. The social worker stated that she sees no reason to stop nights and that nights will go ahead, starting with a trial night from friday to saturday and then holidays. If she messes with any of this arrangement it will look very bad for her.

This once again shows the lengths she is going to twist things, make things up, and cause additional problems.

And in one weeks time my divorce is done! The final part to conlude our marriage! Party time!
And then got to face the financials but the feeling to not be attached to this crazy person is going to be a briliant feeling!

Last edited:
That is really good news that you have a sensible social worker who is actually focused on the kids :-) And being reasonable. Yes it'll be good when your divorce is done. However, while I'm no expert on divorce, I thought the financials had to be done before the divorce could be finalised. Is it the decreee nisi that will be done in a week's time? With the decree absolute to follow?

Back