Guest viewing is limited

At The Start Of A Long Journey

I am sat here worrying that I have only seen my 12 month old daughter 6 times in 9 months and I may not see her again for several months as I am currently waiting on a report from the family centre (due this week) then locating the correct independent social worker before the Part P can be completed. All of which takes time.
My question is, are my chances of seeing my daughter reducing as time passes due to the fact she is not seeing me and this becomes the Status Quo? It’s not for trying, but my situation has not improved from day one and I’m not feeling any positive vibes.
I’m having a bad day and any thoughts and encouragement is very much appreciated.
Hello, am so sorry about your situation. You have to be strong for your daughter. Seems like your Ex is trying to break you. The family court is a marathon. Even when you have a court order they (Exs) can still frustrate contact. I have a final court order myself since February but ex has refused to obey court order and i have not seen my son for months now. We just have to keep fighting for our kids. Please never allow her to break you. It will take time but you will see your daughter.

I am sat here worrying that I have only seen my 12 month old daughter 6 times in 9 months and I may not see her again for several months as I am currently waiting on a report from the family centre (due this week) then locating the correct independent social worker before the Part P can be completed. All of which takes time.
My question is, are my chances of seeing my daughter reducing as time passes due to the fact she is not seeing me and this becomes the Status Quo? It’s not for trying, but my situation has not improved from day one and I’m not feeling any positive vibes.
I’m having a bad day and any thoughts and encouragement is very much appreciated.
I've got no idea about where you stand but I'm feeling you and feeling your pain mate. Im coming up on a year now. Stay present and stay healthy, be ready.

Hang in there Kev. It is a long time and a worry but a progressing order can still be started, and that's what usually happens. Can you remind me - were you considering an ISW report?

You're not alone, as @Ash mentioned, progressing orders can designed to combat those attempts at a Status Quo argument.

Your pain is your strength, you feel it because you want the best for her, as @bujanin says, use that negative emotional energy and hit the gym, weights, walk - be ready for your time will eventually come!

Thank you all for your kind words and support. I need to focus and look forward to mtge day I get a progressive order.
@Ash , yes my next course of action is going to be an ISW. I need the family centre report first as they are saying my daughter suffered trauma, but I was living with her for her first 12 weeks and it is my opinion she is showing signs of separation anxiety as the family centre have struggled to settle her with her even when I have not attended

Not posted in a while as feeling low with not being able to see my 15 month old daughter since late April.
Sessions in the contact centre had broken down due to my daughter getting upset due to separation anxiety/PA or something else. All I could do was wait for the next hearing (I did try to bring the date forward).
Today was a bad day in court as the dumb magistrate ordered we go back to the contact centre with me seeing my daughter for 15 mins 3 times a week.
In court my barrister requested an ISW be appointed or the case moved to the district court, but the lay magistrate want us to try the contact centre again.
I do not understand why see ordered us back to the contact centre which has proven not to be suitable for my daughter and I feel I have wasted £2 in fees.
The next hearing is in 6 weeks time so it’s not long to wait, especially if the centre refuse to restart contact or my daughter continues to be upset during sessions.
I feel so frustrated that we are going round in a circle and I am missing out on seeing my daughter. I guess I have to be hopeful things turn out better this time but I don’t feel confident.
Has anyone else has experience of magistrates being far less than satisfactory and missing what’s glaringly obvious?

I've said it loads of times now, there's something sinister going on in family courts.
I'm really sorry you're going through this.
Sadly I think it's par for the course magistrates/judges being blind to the obvious.
As most dad's do, jump through the hoops and hope for the best.
I really hope things improve for you 🙏

Really sorry to hear this. Maybe they want to try and get the time with your daughter going again before the next hearing. The fact they have said try contact centre again means the contact centre can't say - not suitable. And your ex has to comply. Hopefully you'll get more result at the next hearing in 6 weeks. The positive is you'll get to see your child. I would go along prepared with things to make her laugh. How old is she?

She is 15 months old . My ex and I separated when our daughter was 3 months old and I have only seen her 3 times since , so I am a stranger to my own daughter. Hopefully contact sessions will start soon and I will give it my all to make them work. I just need the chance to get my daughter to feel comfortable away from her mother, that’s the challenge.
This is why I was wanting an ISW to assist. I feel there is possible PA as my ex openly says she does not want her daughter to have a relationship with me and suggested 15 mins per fortnight in court. The magistrate did tell her our daughter will be seeing me and they took a dim view to the fact she is still breast feeding!

I still have the toy from the initial sessions which she liked. I did find the staff a little too controlling and they made the environment feel clinical. My friend ha a daughter of a similar age so I have some experience. It’s more about my daughter being away from her mother and miss her.
I do very much appreciate all your advice.

You are bound to feel nervous or uncomfortable in that environment as well. So maybe go prepared to be chill and even pull funny faces or something or make silly noises to make her laugh. Watch some videos on how to do that :-)
Also maybe take some music on your phone to play - a selection. A bit of soothing classical music (babies are supposed to like Mozart) and a couple of nursery rhymes you can sing along to. Don't worry about looking silly.

@Peanut 21 , you are correct, my ex has put several demands in place including no mobile phones and not feeling her. I was promised a photograph of my daughter back in March but received nothing.

Reactions: Ash
Ah I didn't realise that. This was popular with my son :-)

It sings the songs when you turn the pages and has pictures. Quite interactive. Had loads of Vtech stuff :-)

Back