Guest viewing is limited

Ex has contacted social services and police again

Thank you everyone for your help, I'm about to post my C79 to Brighton court, I don't remember which address I posted it to last time, it's the county court isn't it?

Thank you everyone for your help, I'm about to post my C79 to Brighton court, I don't remember which address I posted it to last time, it's the county court isn't it?
Don’t they have an email address at the court that you could send the application too? It’s sometimes quicker and easier if emailed.

Don’t they have an email address at the court that you could send the application too? It’s sometimes quicker and easier if emailed.
Hi again. As a retired legal professional yourself, where do you think or believe accountability might appropriately reside, for failure of the family courts to address concrete queries or requests from members of the public?

Hi again. As a retired legal professional yourself, where do you think or believe accountability might appropriately reside, for failure of the family courts to address concrete queries or requests from members of the public?
Unfortunately, Courts have got a lot worse for responding to emails probably due to covid and the large back logs. If you haven't received a response to your email after five working days, I would follow up with the court asking them to address your concerns in the delay in communication. Depending on what County you are in there is the option of calling the Court but there is normally a delay in them answering. We have been on hold to Hertford court before for 1 hour before getting through. Hertford covers Luton, and Watford and a few other courts too.

When you email the court in relation to an existing case do you ensure to include the below in the subject line all in the bellow order:

(a) the case number.

(b) the parties’ names (abbreviated if necessary).

(c) if applicable, the date and time of any hearing.

London. Last time around I emailed TWICE to request a confirmation in writing that a hearing was to take place for me at the end of May, which I was first told about informally at a previous hearing in April. I still have these emails, which I sent within the first ten days of May, where I explicitly mentioned the need to have this written confirmation so that I could inform my employer well in advance, to secure a day off from work. Eventually, I got an email barely 10 days before the actual hearing, and I was livid. Sorry to say, this is absolutely unprofessional and there are no excuses in the world which I believe could justify it, not even a pandemic or backlog or whatever other excuses they come up with. Isn't there an ombudsman or something who could actually begin to address these kinds of shenanigans, once and for all?

Unfortunately, Courts have got a lot worse for responding to emails probably due to covid and the large back logs. If you haven't received a response to your email after five working days, I would follow up with the court asking them to address your concerns in the delay in communication. Depending on what County you are in there is the option of calling the Court but there is normally a delay in them answering. We have been on hold to Hertford court before for 1 hour before getting through. Hertford covers Luton, and Watford and a few other courts too.

When you email the court in relation to an existing case do you ensure to include the below in the subject line all in the bellow order:

(a) the case number.

(b) the parties’ names (abbreviated if necessary).

(c) if applicable, the date and time of any hearing.
I always make sure to list your a,b and c's too.

Hi all, I have submitted my C79 two weeks ago almost, it's coming up to my next weekend with my kids tomorrow but I know that's not going to happen. Do I still need to go to the handover location to show I'm complying with the court order cause it's over an hour away?

Hi all, I have submitted my C79 two weeks ago almost, it's coming up to my next weekend with my kids tomorrow but I know that's not going to happen. Do I still need to go to the handover location to show I'm complying with the court order cause it's over an hour away?
I think you should or she could say you were in breach and say they were ready and waiting. It’s a long way to go if you don’t get to see the kids but at least your complying with the order.

I also live an hour away from my ex. I have turned up many times to find the children not ready.

I have several times in the past m, written to her by text or email straighforwardly asking if she is going to make the children available. If she says yes, turn up. If you do and the children aren't ready, you make the argument in court that it is disguised compliance designed to inconvenience you and frustrate contact. If you hear nothing back, attend.

I would write Wednesday if contact is Saturday and ask for a reply by 6pm Friday.

Turn up, take a picture of the pick up point to prove you were there.
You never know that if you don't go, she might lie and say she was there but you weren't, even if she isn't either.

Yeah I will just go down to the handover location and take a picture to show that I was there at the time the handover is supposed to take place.

Reactions: Ash
She keeps sending these emails to my alternate email address and they go into spam so didn't see it until now as I'm at the handover location. She doesn't make sense, she only lists very petty concerns of which my son plays in an enclosed area safely and it's very petty slander me saying she lies when my son was present playing a video game of which she has done countless amounts of times saying so much worse. She doesn't list these other concerns she has and up till 41mins last fortnight was happy for me to have them. It's so frustrating she keeps doing these things and are allowed to get away with it.

Her language sounds exactly like my partners ex.
It really is a textbook they work from I'm sure.
It is.

When at court for enforcement, you need to emphasise the lateness of her notice that the children would not be made ready and that your ex made no attempt to raise the issues she highlights following the last contact but to wait until the current contact or - additionally - to seek a resolution.

It is then, clear obstruction.

Oh, you need to write a carefully worded email to reattempt contact for next weekend instead.

Reactions: Ash
Back