Guest viewing is limited

1 night stand pregnancy

She probably does think you just don't want to be involved if you've declined a pre natal test. And has picked up that vibe from you.

Reading it again carefully it does sound like a proper blood test, not a skin prick blood test, because it talks about two vials for blood samples and needles not provided - and if you book a sample collection appointment with them they will provide the needles (and take the samples). Otherwise you have to get the needles from your own Doctor or Phlebotomist. Only a doctor or nurse is qualified to take blood samples.

Maybe send her the link and ask for her agreement.

It's a reliable lab apparently that also does legal tests. Full Blood sample from Mum, cheek swabs from both parents - option to have testing done at a centre (someone present to make sure it's done properly) or to use a Doctor to do the blood sample. Honestly you can't argue with 100% accuracy! The only difference with the post natal legal one is - it's court approved because the lab themselves have to come out and take and verify the samples. But if you see it with your own eyes you'll know it's bona fide.

This one is 100% accurate and is done by means of a blood test from the Mother (possibly skin prick blood test) and a cheek swab from both parents. But it's 100% accurate! You can't really argue with that :) The main thing is you agree someone is there to ensure the samples are from both parents when they're sent off. If she will agree to have this mutual friend present while you do the swabs and blood test and the mutual friend then takes the envelope/parcel to post it with you then it's pretty much foolproof.

Thanks Ash that’s the one she “offered” to me at full cost and the one my solicitor said to not go near. I did discuss with him having it done by people In room but he said “don’t go near this”

He said there would be nothing Stopping her putting me through all this again with added legal expenses after birth as it’s not legally binding if she refused the result, not about money but he said it would be £800 down the drain as she’s not willing to cover any cost. He said, and I agree that there would possibly not be any true peace of mind.

Also they arent 100% accurate, but none are. I’ve seen some reviews of these and they keep coming back with no results

We are the only UK laboratory to hold UKAS-accreditation for prenatal paternity testing

It's a verified lab for prenatal testing with 100% accuracy.

Posted at the same time. There are legal views that don't consider emotions, feelings, and life decisions. Solicitor might also just say what he thinks you want to hear if he thinks you don't want to be involved and caught up in it. They do things like that and do see things as adversarial.

But if you want to know for sure and wait till the baby is born - and I can understand that - and have been told no pre natal tests are reliable (from what I've read some are, some aren't) then you'll just need to politely say that to her. Eg

Dear Mum name

I do wish to be involved if it is my child. However, until the baby is born and a legal dna test is done, it is far too difficult and emotional a situation to commit to without certainty. It is not that I don't trust you but trust needs to be based on certainty as this is such a life changing thing for everyone involved and I hope you will agree to post natal paternity testing. In the meantime I will of course be a friend throughout the pregnancy. I am advised that prenatal tests are just not reliable enough, whatever the labs say about them, and only a post natal test gives certainty.

Back