Guest viewing is limited

Variation of CAO - 14 yr old refuses to see her Mum

Tired - why do you think your daughter is adamant? Can you talk to her and ask her what would make things better so she could enjoy time with her Mum?

How often do enforcement orders actually get enforced!? May be different in case of enforcing against a dad. But it my partners case absolutely sweet f.a happens. If I were Tired I wouldn't be too worried if the mother enforces. Why hasn't mum enforced after 5 months?

The only sense in which I am aware of an order being actually enforced is where police involvement becomes necessary due to safeguarding. There was a case where this happened to a mum because of her parental alienation. The enforcement would be to change residence I believe. I am not aware of schedules being enforced.

I don't know about these days - how it is since the pandemic. Prior to that yes enforcements did happen - sometimes they went ok sometimes they went badly. One example was a Dad who got a quick enforcement and an extra night added to deter the Mother from breaching. A common strategy though is for a Mother to deliberately breach, to force the Dad to apply for enforcement so she can then apply to vary to less time - claiming all sorts - kids ages and activities usually. Whether it works or not is another matter.

The courts are overloaded with big backlogs - enforcement hearings do get listed. How they go - I don't know - maybe depends on circumstances. But sadly some parents are taking advantage of the backlogs to string things out and cause delays.

All I do know is - courts do tend to favour a Mother's position - particularly if she has a lawyer. Either side could say anything and they don't know who is telling the truth until evidence is seen. And sometimes there isn't a lot of evidence.

It maybe doesn't even need to go to court if a solicitor letter is sent. But I can't see the Mother saying - fine - it's ok if she doesn't want to come!

Tired hasn't posted recently so don't know if he's seen any of this, so maybe we could wait till he posts again.

Back