Guest viewing is limited

Please share your parenting app experiences

OFW is the only one I was aware of that was court approved some years ago, but I believe there are quite a few apps now. However I think it is supposed to be the best in terms of, as you say, adding professionals to it. It also has a tone filter.

Appclose
Messages can't be deleted which is good.
Not good for attaching documents.
Doesn't stop the lies and rage though lol

I use Appclose and it's been a godsend. It is free and was recommended by Cafcass. We only use the messaging service on it but it does have other features like calendar, payments etc, all free. Messages cannot be deleted so it helps to keep communication civil.
If only it kept my partners ex civil lol

Just recently I submitted a request to court to have one, via position statement. Actually, I asked first to have communication fully restored and with outside help, but if that's too much to ask for then I go for the app. I also asked for direct exchange of children upon prior arrangements of myself and the other side, rather than nominate third parties I could never properly rely on. Does anyone here know from experience how likely it is the court will permit this?

Bear in mind I have nfa from police, fact find waived and non-molestation order fully expired without a single breach on my part.

It has been documented by my ex that she will not communicate anything to do with our daughter to me.(not seen her for4 months) If the court tell you to use an app but the ex doesn’t use it or the content she inputs is meaningless is there any redress or action the court would take? Would this not show she is the hostile parent, but get away with it as usual?

It has been documented by my ex that she will not communicate anything to do with our daughter to me.(not seen her for4 months) If the court tell you to use an app but the ex doesn’t use it or the content she inputs is meaningless is there any redress or action the court would take? Would this not show she is the hostile parent, but get away with it as usual?
From what I've read on this forum over longer periods of time, you could refer back to court for a breach of any type of order, from the same. Doesn't matter what it is (including failure to communicate appropriately via an app), so long as you have the evidence to prove a misconduct. That in your case it is documented that your ex does not wish to communicate anything to you regarding your daughter, is practically meaningless unless the court explicitly agrees to her wishes (which is usually, thankfully not the case with most of us in our respective situations here).

Back