Guest viewing is limited

LIP for a Fact Finding

As far as I can tell you are asking for directions relating to case management. You want the court to reject evidence submitted by the other side. A C2 could also be used to apply for a directions hearing related to child arrangements. Vary the interim arrangements for the children. Another point I am unsure about is how your 4 day hearing related to the S7. If the S7 follows the hearing, how can it be a final hearing?

Like I said at the start, I am putting ideas out. I do not have the understanding or experience to give a firm recommendation. I hope there are other members with more direct experience of this part of the process.

The order states it as: Composite Final Hearing ELH

Day 1: Applicant allegations and cross-examining

Day 2: Respondent allegations and cross-examining

Day 3: Observations/ Findings/ Judgement

Day 4: Welfare

This sounds like a wolf dressed in sheep's clothing because it does not mention anything about a final order or contact agreement etc.

Does anyone have any advice/ experience on how to destroy the credibility of a witness?

I have multiple documents of evidence which shows inconsistencies and contradictions of a witness statement which proves the sworn statement is a complete lie.

Does anyone have any advice/ experience on how to destroy the credibility of a witness?

I have multiple documents of evidence which shows inconsistencies and contradictions of a witness statement which proves the sworn statement is a complete lie.
Point out the inconsistencies perhaps in your positive statement and attach your evident as exhibits. The Judge will then see it

Im thinking about asking the courts to consider reducing the composite final hearing from 4 days to 2?

Her schedule of allegations are only 7 and 5 of those allegations are completely irrelevant. She only has 1 witness who's credibility will get destroyed straight away with evidence.

I’ve just been through this but represented. Do you not have a pre trial hearing ?

We did and I believe you should have and out of her 27 allegations she was told to go away and reduce to relevant . As it happens and I’m still not overly happy she reduced them to 3 which is already admitted through proceedings . Fact finding was aborted and passed to a phycologist. Good luck my friend .. as other have said I would not do this alone. Can you not approach families need fathers or another one I used ( I’ll remember the name ) for advice .. they offer legal assistance

I agree it's a tough one to do alone. DadLad's is a composite hearing though - final hearing and fact find rolled into one by the sound of it. I wonder if they do a pre-trial hearing for that?

Bear in mind as well, that if you do end up having to do it alone and it doesn't go well, there is still the opportunity to appeal. Four days does sound a lot. One of those days will probably be the standard "final hearing" but that means they're allowing 3 days for fact finding.

Back