Guest viewing is limited

Hiw hard is it to represent yourself at court

Yes Scotland is slightly different. Just a tip - the terms access and custody don't exist any more. Not for at least a decade or more :-) Until 2012/14 it was "contact" and "residence". But in 2014 when the Child Arrangements Programme came in, the legal terms became "lives with" and "spends time with, with one order for the child's arrangements, rather than parents having separate contact or residency orders. To make it seem more equal.

Unfortunately a lot of solicitors still use the term "contact" a lot, which is slightly inhuman for a human relationship. It subliminally delegates a Dad to "lesser" in my view. The more it's used the more that is reinforced.

Having said that I think in Scotland it is still called "Contact". They got rid of the term "custody" a long time ago because it sounded like ownership of a child.

im 4 weeks out from my final relocation hearing

done everything myself with mckenzie friend assistance

been a whirlwind learning curve but really unsure whether its going to be enough against the legalese of wife's barristers and previous unsupported accusations.

theres a lot of bias that goes on and the judges are very different so luck of the draw

england
i have no evidence to prove this but representing yourself is not the hard bit
knowing the process, when, how etc is the most difficult
its why i got advise from mckenzie friends but in the final hearing its different because youre basically on your own if you self represent

england
i have no evidence to prove this but representing yourself is not the hard bit
knowing the process, when, how etc is the most difficult
its why i got advise from mckenzie friends but in the final hearing its different because youre basically on your own if you self represent
I believe I can hire a lawyer / barrister for final hearing

Reactions: Ash
Back