Guest viewing is limited

Hiw hard is it to represent yourself at court

You shouldn't need any form at all. You just email the solicitor saying "Just to let you know I will need to de-instruct you on my case, due to financial pressure. Thank you." And that's it.

You don't even need to inform the court.

How long is it since you sent your C100 application and have you had court papers yet?
I haven't sent a c100 yet don't even yet and no I haven't had court papers yet
So can I start emailing exes lawyer myself then ?

I think it all comes down to circumstances, judges, confidence and resilience.

I had a Direct Access Barrister for my FHDRA which was a complete waste of money.

As a LIP I have challenged x2 NMO and won.

I was in a 4 day FF against a barrister and won.

Im not anything close to a professional and I do not have any legal experience but I know my case and I educated myself with the help of this forum, YouTube, Child Law Advice and researching cases and outcomes.

All we can do is our best, I have been stressed up to my eyeballs with administration, dealing with my ex's slimy solicitor and everything else which comes with the journey but self care and short breaks do wonders for your mental health.

I think it all comes down to circumstances, judges, confidence and resilience.

I had a Direct Access Barrister for my FHDRA which was a complete waste of money.

As a LIP I have challenged x2 NMO and won.

I was in a 4 day FF against a barrister and won.

Im not anything close to a professional and I do not have any legal experience but I know my case and I educated myself with the help of this forum, YouTube, Child Law Advice and researching cases and outcomes.

All we can do is our best, I have been stressed up to my eyeballs with administration, dealing with my ex's slimy solicitor and everything else which comes with the journey but self care and short breaks do wonders for your mental health.
Hi what's a 4 day FF ?

Hi what's a 4 day FF ?
I had a 4 day Fact Finding hearing which was initially dressed up as a composite final hearing. - the ex made allegations to prevent any contact but it didn't go her way and I had a favourable outcome - no bar to contact.

if you are dealing with allegations, my advice would be to get those dismissed early on in your case. Otherwise they will carry on and you will waste valuable time.

Do tou know if I can contact her lawyer myself?
Of course you can. The worst they can do is ignore you. You don't need another lawyer to act as a go between.
The best bit of advice I can give to people at the start is, don't be afraid of solicitors. Most of them are full of hot air, empty threats and try to intimidate with legal jargon.
At the start of my partners journey his exs solicitor sent a few threatening letters telling him what he could say to his kids and making accusations without proof. They have 0 authority to tell you what you can say or do. They try to psychologically manipulate you....a bit like some of these so called mothers.

ChatGPT has become a very useful tool for gathering information and writing a few documents.

I wish I discovered this sooner lol

Of course you can. The worst they can do is ignore you. You don't need another lawyer to act as a go between.
The best bit of advice I can give to people at the start is, don't be afraid of solicitors. Most of them are full of hot air, empty threats and try to intimidate with legal jargon.
At the start of my partners journey his exs solicitor sent a few threatening letters telling him what he could say to his kids and making accusations without proof. They have 0 authority to tell you what you can say or do. They try to psychologically manipulate you....a bit like some of these so called mothers.
Thank you very much 💚

I've asked it to write me a position statement for 50/50 shared care and the scientific and factual benefits of a child living with both parents.

🤯 wow
I would always suggest validating what it’s spits out however

I would always suggest validating what it’s spits out however
What is a position statement pal ? I was getting my boys on a Monday Tuesday a d Wednesday night , ex has dropped the Wednesday in my opinion to get more money off me so I want to ask her why she has done this and can the Wednesday be reinstated as there was no need for it to be taken off me and the kids , no reason given

Asked who to write you a position statement? And what is that sorry for all the questions obviously new to this

It was in response to using Chat GPT (AI) to write a statement for you.
It might be good for some bits, but it doesn’t have the context for your own situation.

Hard. At the very outset, your elementary human rights no longer seem to exist, which leaves you feeling totally lost as such a thing is not supposed to be happening in the UK at all (yet it's happening).

A position statement is a document you write up before a hearing to say what you'd like to happen.
There's a template on the site. I'll try and fund it.
Thank you I'm not near a hearing yet but this would be handy , am I better trying mediation first ?

Yes you have to apply for mediation before applying for a c100 anyway.
It's likely the ex may refuse. In which case you get it signed off and then apply to court.

Back