Guest viewing is limited

False DA/DV Allegations?

Have you (ever) had false allegations levelled at you by your Ex/STBX?

• Yes

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • No, I don't think it will come to that

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I suspect it's being planned

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
My partners ex tried to report my partner for DV, she told the police he assaulted her on a certain day at a certain time. The police spoke with my partner who had been at work at the time she claimed to have been assaulted and his boss confirmed that to the police so they didn’t take it any further.
She has since at one of the previous court cases, reported my partner to the police claiming he tried to run her and the grandmother of her oldest child over outside of court after a hearing. They both did false statements to the police. What was more annoying is that the grandmother of the oldest child (who is not ex’s mum) was also a social worker. Thankfully it was all caught on CCTV so although my partner was interviewed the CCTV showed their allegations to be lies and the police took it no further.

So much for male control theory.

Maybe it should be female control theory, ha.

Karen Woodall is an excellent resource for explaining power and control dynamics of false allegations.

I was in no way shock or surprised when the result came out at 100%.

The false allegations are a standard tactic and unfortunately, and understandably, the police are required by law to take DV allegation seriously.

I went through many a 6am Saturday, Sunday knocks to pull me in for another 9 hours detention and questioning only to be released NFA each and every time. I ended up lodging an official police complaint against the police for harassment stating they were not investigating allegations first to see if they were true, only arresting me, which is of course what the ex wanted to do knowing my whole day would be taken up.

I ended up with an apology and the ex warned regarding constant 999 calls about me.

The allegations against me were particularly numerous. What was not alleged was implied, e.g. sexual impropriety with our child. In the end I made some reports to the police about the way my ex was treating our child - manipulation, neglect and emotional abuse. I also reported domestic abuse against me. They recorded an historic crime in regard to abuse of me. After long consideration, they decided not to act on treatment of the child. The officer dealing with things said my ex had made multiple reports against me. He confided that the reports were a worse reflection on her than they were on me.

When this was going on, I regularly called the police non-emergency line to check in. My ex would write to me threatening to call the police if I do/don't... I would call the police and check if they have any concerns about how I plan to proceed. Just to make sure I wouldn't be committing a crime in their eyes. They gave me advice and reassurance. I assume records of my calls were taken into account when my ex called 999.

I was walking a tightrope and I think my approach was risky. But, it ended up working. None of her reports were ever investigated to the point of contacting me.

With mine it was making reports to social services, and of course social services are too busy to deal with investigating a lot of minor concerns so they advise the Mother to withold the child for safeguarding. That is how some ex's play the system. And this was why I had to go to court the first time. She then did it again - social services actually came to see me that time, having already spoken to my child, who of course had been coached. However after talking to me for a while they realised what ex was up to - and they had no idea there was a court order and the previous allegation had been dismissed. Once they knew that they took a different view. Unfortunately they told my ex if she had any issues she should see a solicitor. So I then got bombarded with solicitors letters and had a lot of obstruction and disruption and ended up having to apply to court again for a better order, after finding out the first one wasn't enforceable. Ex didn't know it wasn't enforceable until she consulted a solicitor so if SS hadn't suggested she see a solicitor that first order would have been kept to a lot longer!

I was green then - and had no idea that the solicitor who represented me in court, would have left me with such a terribly worded order. Apparently Cafcass wrote the order. Ironically Cafcass then criticised the order wording when I reapplied, blaming the Judge.

I have also been through this recently. The humiliation that comes with it is unreal when you have done nothing wrong. You also have the privilege of making your own way back home, in my case a £50 taxi journey!

It's astonishing how there are no repercussions for people that make false allegations and that they can continue to keep doing it.

I am reading these in total disbelief.

How can this be happening?

I’ve been “visited” by the police on at least 5 occasions.
I’ve been arrested twice after false allegations with NFA.
On one occasion the junior officer arrested me after visiting my ex and deciding a false allegation from 3 weeks ago warranted arrest due to “risk of harm to ..” my ex…. Despite nothing happening in the last 3 weeks- again NFA and police confirming I should not have been arrested and potentially could have been asked to attend a voluntary interview if absolutely necessary!

The third time I had the court orders all ready and printed out. (I was going to be arrested for “squatting” which is apparently a criminal offence). The orders on hand saved the day, and luckily I was not arrested around midnight!!!!!

Each time 5 officers come around “just in case”??? I’d love to be a fly on the wall when my ex spun the yarn.

Yet my ex assaults the kids, beats them in anger (calling it discipline) swears and shouts at them (and me)… and this appears to have no consequence for a mother :-/

On one side this is such a waste of resources….. But on the other we hear about sad cases where things do happen.

I agree with sentiments that individuals with false allegations against them should be penalised ..

Back