Guest viewing is limited

This sounds positive

ryan111

Hello

So since the ex has been ordered to court she's unblocked me and says she wants it sorting out outside of court. I've said no due to needing legal things being put in place

I had my cafcass interview the other day and the lady says my ex only concern is not having my own place (witch I granted)

She then said something about a interim order that I can take my children out for food and cinema ect tho supervsion may be asked.

She asked about and troubles I've said I used to use drugs when I met my ex 7 years ago but it don't interest me now. She asked the last time I had any drugs and I said 6 months ago (few bad choices after she took kids away)

Cafcass didn't ask what drugs or the quinty. She said she is hopefull that it will be sorted at first hearing and will only intervien if a dispute is arosied

Does this look all good? If mum says there's no safety concern ect and she wants it sorting could I be on track for things to be done after the first hearing. Would the judge still want a hair test ect

Thanks

In my experience the judge was only interested in testing because he wanted grounds to overrule my ex and her representative.

Unfortunately, my experience has taught me not to trust anything my ex does or says and not to base my view on what her behaviour suggests.

Hello

So since the ex has been ordered to court she's unblocked me and says she wants it sorting out outside of court. I've said no due to needing legal things being put in place

I had my cafcass interview the other day and the lady says my ex only concern is not having my own place (witch I granted)

She then said something about a interim order that I can take my children out for food and cinema ect tho supervsion may be asked.

She asked about and troubles I've said I used to use drugs when I met my ex 7 years ago but it don't interest me now. She asked the last time I had any drugs and I said 6 months ago (few bad choices after she took kids away)

Cafcass didn't ask what drugs or the quinty. She said she is hopefull that it will be sorted at first hearing and will only intervien if a dispute is arosied

Does this look all good? If mum says there's no safety concern ect and she wants it sorting could I be on track for things to be done after the first hearing. Would the judge still want a hair test ect

Thanks
Hi Ryan.

It does sound positive but just be very wary Cafcass can come across very nice on the phone but when you receive the report it can be shocking please don’t take that as putting a downer on things you just need to be mindful things don’t always go as they seam so it’s all about being prepared for knock backs and going again if they come. Any biased or untrue report can be undermined at court 😀.

And as with ex now saying I want to settle it outside of court I implore you not to fall for that, I did once and it was a huge huge mistake do not trust what your ex is saying they do this as without an actual court order they can do what they like and it can set you back months, if she really wants to settle things then she should be more than happy to get it all done officially so both of you know what’s what.

One thing the guys and gals on here showed me is this is a rollercoaster and it’s all about jumping through the hoops at each stage to get where you deserve to be and don’t let any setbacks pull you down sadly the system can test us but if you do everything correct and don’t let ex get into your head you will get what you and your little one deserve 😀

Yes it's looking ok. If ex is wanting to sort things out then you might get an agreement for a consent order at the first hearing. But if she won't agree to anything reasonable then it'll probably just go straight to a final hearing.

Back