Guest viewing is limited

Problems with Ex's new partner

Jacko

I've had a number of problems with my domestically abusive ex and this has carried on with her new partner. he isn't capable of taking me on directly but you would be surprised what he and his two mates can do. This has including breaking into my house, assault, threats to kill me and my daughter, damage to my car. I did put cameras up. So far I have been unable to catch them on camera and despite some evidence, the police are not interested in following anything up. I can describe what he is wearing but they won't check a camera around the corner from where he lives or the camera at my ex's house. I can't prove I was assaulted despite a face full of bruises and having a camera up my nose which show I had a broken nose, there is no evidence I was assaulted apparently. Now at the court stage for custody in a few days. Being pressured by CAFCASS into saying nothing about it anymore. In fact being put on the spot to be party to a number of my ex's lies in order to facilitate getting contact. I genuinely feel my daughter is at risk.
What do I do?

Ok I would take cafcass advice on that. If you mention anything about these aggressive incidents, despite being a victim, the court will see it that the child is in the middle of conflict and then they give the child to the Mother, to keep the child out of the conflict. It's unfair when other people are causing the conflict, but the court case is about child arrangements, not these matters so it's best not to accuse anyone of anything in the family court, but take measures to protect yourself - as you have been doing via the police. It sounds like you need more protective measures in place as well. Does your daughter come and stay with you? And how often? What have you applied for for Child Arrangements? When you mention custody (which I mentioned elsewhere isn't a term that's used any more) - do you mean you applied to have your daughter live with you solely?

Back