Guest viewing is limited

Opinions needed for phone call :)

rugbycourt

Hi
So currently my child is with me in the family home.
Mum applied for a c100 2 days before me so I am respondant although our applications are now being delt with along side each other 'crossed'
She's got the legal aid and has an apprentice solicitor who cant read a court draft correctly by the look of things so far, I've got a private solicitor.
We had an emergency hearing on her c100 which was a return to her with claims of domestic abuse (dv was actually toward me and my daughter, which police are currently investigating) this was denied and she was given supervised contact in a centre at a 50/50 split cost. She's said she can't afford it? So not sure what will happen there ..

I asked her to remove herself off the school pick up list as school were still saying they can hand child over if she collected .. 4 weeks of emails between school and her solicitor nothing was done so I decided to file a c2 PSO for her to not be allowed to collect from school, her family members removed and school to be able to see the order. She also filed a c2 on the same day .. again just before me asking for child to be returned to school as per the order (I wasn't ordered to return her and the judge actually accepted it was through safeguarding I had removed her)
On the day me and solicitor are going through the pso and why etc .. she goes to talk to Mums barrister, comes back and says that barrister is embarrassed as Mums changed her mind, doesn't want child returning to that school she wants her returning to her so she can put her in a local school, apparently advised against it but adamant.
Got into court her barrister was basically called out for wasting court time as none of the matters she had bought to the room were in the c2 and she was concerned Mum wanted a return with no safeguarding checks on her.
I was granted the PSO.

Got the Cafcass phone call this week (unsure of where to take this or what to say as I do whole hearted believe my ex is a risk, I don't know how to put that across without sounding like I am bad mouthing. I would rather supervised contact continued)

I find myself in an odd position as I've found it hard to find Resident Dad's so I am trying to swap the genders but just wanted to hear from the other side or any advice on The above.
A few people I've spoken to in the legal side have said courts don't often remove child from resident parent or change the status quo.

I have a stable job, support network for me and the child, she is used to her routine, has her family and friends here, school, activities, own room, big garden etc.
Her Mum currently lives on her Mums sofa child would be sleeping in the dining room with her, Child has nothing to do with her side of the family (they are not interested) she's currently on benefits, the siblings that live there have people coming and going at all hours and that's just surface issues not so much the issues.

Opinions appreciated!

The best approach for a CAFCASS call is to concentrate on your children, not your ex. Be seen to be reasonable, flexible and considerate. For example, you say your ex has been given supervised contact in a centre on a 50/50 split? Even if that amount of time was possible, how could your ex possibly afford it, would you consider contributing ? Remember, that it always best for a child to have both parents, and parents that work together and have good co- parenting skills. I'm a little concerned by the "..is used to her routine..." as a routine that doesn't properly include the other parent has to change, kids are adaptable after all, and this sort of comment won't go down well with CAFCASS or the courts.

Sorry I've probably not explained the routine situation, Mum wasn't the main carer at home as she didn't feel that she was capable of looking after the child.
What I meant by routine was when I was working she was with my family not her as she didn't want to look after her.
She's got supervised contact in a centre and I am paying half of it. Mum can get a job but chooses not to - I obviously work and 3 jobs as I've had to support her and my daughter as she wasn't bringing income. However she could now get a job to afford it? She has no rent to pay as living with her Mum not other outgoings.
I was the one that suggested the contact centre and I set up evening video calls which were then followed through at court.
There's currently a police investigation on her physical abuse to me and the child so currently I've been advised not to speak to her unless via the solicitor. Cafcass parenting plan when we broke up wasn't allowed and she told me mediation was over the day she left.

Back