Guest viewing is limited

Obvious bias

Ash

Administrator
Staff member
Admin and Moderator
The biggest bias I have come across and seen is the use of "historic" by Cafcass. If a Dad raises major issues with an ex (and I'm talking about after you have a final order and when it has been breached a number of times and bad behaviour) - Cafcass say - oh that's historic and not relevant to now. Yet an ex can raise all kinds of stuff from the past and it's seen as relevant!

When I had to enforce - after having to return to court a couple of times due to breaches, Cafcass officer on the phone was a bit abrupt and asking why I had enforced. I said - have you seen the history? She snapped and said - I'm not interested in the history. Says it all really.

I don’t think it’s justifiable if Cafcass can try to reference historic issues regarding the father but disregard anything historical regarding the mother.

The Judge will see this as unfair and one sided surly?

The trouble is, Cafcass are involved before it even gets to a Judge and even then they can have a lot of influence with a Judge. I had one Cafcass officer basically threaten me at FHDRA if I wouldn't agree to something and she said "the Judge will do what I say". In the early stages, Judges often are very guided by Cafcass views.

The trouble is, Cafcass are involved before it even gets to a Judge and even then they can have a lot of influence with a Judge.

But flawed reports and recommendations can still be dismissed by a judge.

Cafcass officers can be questioned in court and ripped apart by a good barrister.

In my case, the interim time was quite crucial. It worked out in the end but for two years my son had a worse time because the Cafcass officer decided to believe the Mother and even suggested my son was lying!

Back