Guest viewing is limited

New Joiner Quiz?

MagicJ

Experienced member
Hey @Ash ,

I was wondering if in the medium term it was possible to create a New Joiner Quiz which assessed where in the process a user is then generated a summary list of links to the relevant resources.

Assuming that we have the resources setup then whilst users are busy sharing their story you also have an indexed area of the various threads that are helpful intros to coping & getting on with the process.

What do you think?

Hmm. Not sure about that. It sounds a bit like being assessed by a bot maybe :)

Okay, maybe just an index then with links to various parts of the forum?

I say that as, having poked about the forum there is a lot of amazing information further back in the history of each sub-forum or threads.
It would be useful to pull this out once in a while into resources & update an index so it's easier to find.

When I joined, I had no idea what it was I actually needed to know, aside from wanting to share my story, also reading about the background advice on these areas and then coming to the forum to ask my questions would have been useful for me at least

Certain threads can be stickied in the section. Feel free to suggest any that need stickying. As time goes on some of these older threads become more relevant. Sometimes they get linked in new threads.

It's not quite the same unless you could put a FAQ style sticky at the top of the major threads?
This could have commenting turned off but allow the mods to amend as greater knowledge & experiences comes through.

if you just sticky a thread, you can get lost in all the posts within that where-as the salient information may just be a single post's content.

Some of them are specific to a poster's circumstances, some things get asked again with a different angle. I think any kind of FAQ may seem a bit impersonal?

I take your point though and will think about it. Specific legal resources are in the legal resources section, but members reply to each other on a case by case basis and a thread that's relevant to one situation, may not be entirely relevant to another. People joining are sometimes needing quick answers rather than reading through threads. There are some threads though that contain a lot of useful information on a specific topic, and those are stickied at the top of a section so they are easy to find.

Back