Guest viewing is limited

My story

Hey mate, sorry you’re going through this. I posted my story yesterday and am in a similar position with allegations.

I read victims usually get updated every 28 days, not sure how true that is but I’ll be contacting the OIC after 28 days for an update on the case, hoping for an NFA as the stress of the accusations is heavy. I still wake up early hours every night the same time I got arrested it’s traumatised me.

I don’t really have any help to give you as I’m still just a few weeks in myself, but you can ring your GP and get a sick note, be honest about your feelings and if you’re having suicidal thoughts tell them, they can make referrals to therapists for you, I refused medication as it’s just situational and CPTSD. You can also ring Men’s Advice Line they were quite supportive and just being able to speak about what’s happened did help.

Just know you’re not the first nor the last poor soul to go through this. Lesser men have survived worse. We will come out the other end stronger for our kids.

Good luck friend, stay strong.

Yes, I had to get a cheap one as an interim measure. Im hoping once I get my NFA letter I can then get it back shortly after.
It seems odd to me that the standard legal advice is to not give your pin access to your phone and no comment interviews. I just gave them my phone unlocked and answered all their questions, they even allowed me my phone back to I could cross reference allegations to texts on the day, they weren't interested in keeping my phone, just dropped most everything.

I do get the feeling that solicitors intentionally try to drag things out, for the money , even if it is not in the best interests of their client.

As for the police, they will already have an idea of whats going on, but for DA, and sexual offences, they can't just drop it, they have to do all the things required for the protocol and even then they have to send it to the superintendent for sign off as well or onto CPS. Mine was all sorted out in a matter of days. They just needed to catch up with a "witness", who turned out to be not a witness.

Back