Guest viewing is limited

Mother not replying to CAO contact from Cafcass

My partners children now have a guardian.
It's usually because neither parent can really speak on behalf of the kids as there's too much conflict/can't come to agreements.
In my partners case it's positive because the kids mother was influencing their wishes and feelings.

Yes it’s good a Guardian has been appointed. Did the ex give any excuses or reasons or was it just contempt of court?

They should have sent her to prison for contempt of court three times.

They should have sent her to prison for contempt of court three times.
Peanut 21 - there is no conflict from my son, she did not engage from the moment he was released from his bail. He sent her 2 polite emails suggesting a way forwards which she didn’t respond to. Then requested MIAM, she didn’t respond to that, and applied for a NMO.

Ash - it was contempt, the judge said that it wouldn’t be of any help to their child if she was charged with that. She said that appointing a Guardian is the best way forward, and she cannot not engage with them.

Oh I'm not suggesting your son is the source of the conflict.
Just from a courts point of view they tend to be diplomatic and don't outright say "mother is the cause of the problem".
It's frustrating for the side that is trying to resolve stuff and the courts don't always recognise it. Or if they do they don't say it.

So 2 months later and had a result (sort of).

The ex has denied receiving any court documents. Says she won’t comply with any court orders, and won’t consent to anyone (professional) seeing or having any interaction with the child.

There is more but I’m not happy to share on a public forum.

Have you had a hearing and do you have an interim order? If you keep it general, you could be anyone :)

The ex has denied receiving any court documents. Says she won’t comply with any court orders, and won’t consent to anyone (professional) seeing or having any interaction with the child.
If you have this is writing it's pure gold.
These are clear signs of not putting the Child first.

So 2 months later and had a result (sort of).

There is more but I’m not happy to share on a public forum.
I would prepare for, and demand, a change of residence order because its going this way.

Thank you for the replies, last night I was feeling confident, but today not so.

The Cafcass letter is all the way through about her having no intention of complying to court orders or engaging with 16.4 guardian or Family court advisor.

They have explained to her consequences, and advised her to prioritise legal advice so she understands the process and consequences.

I won’t quote her reply, but it’s even more ridiculous.

Back