Guest viewing is limited

Mother not replying to CAO contact from Cafcass

I’m just going to post another of her responses to Cafcass and remove if anyone thinks I should.

I have seen all my sons’ WhatsApp messages between them, he was totally controlled, always placating and trying to do the right thing. There is nothing that is in any way that is negative towards him, but hers are the opposite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m just going to post another of her responses to Cafcass and remove if anyone thinks I should.

I have seen all my sons’ WhatsApp messages between them, he was totally controlled, always placating and trying to do the right thing. There is nothing that is in any way that is negative towards him, but hers are the opposite.
The thing is they will do if she carries on like that. She won't have a choice as it will be done with force if need be.

Why is she doing this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Coercive control, it’s obvious in hindsight looking back from the start of his relationship. We just didn’t spot it until he left and then hear the stories, and read their messages.

What are the consequences if she doesn't comply?
From personal experience..

Social worker appointed, she resisted and fought back.
Guardian appointed, she argued and fought back.

Got a knock on the door 7am from 2 social workers who were trying to work with her and presented with court papers for a case that day to make child "Looked After", essentially giving Social Services parental rights.
Papers also made application for change of residence to Father.

14 hours later daughter was with me at home and has been now for 5 years..

I've removed it to avoid you being personally identified, but we saw it :) If she is flouting the court, which she is, then she is in contempt of court and I would also suggest proposing a change of residency if the Mother does not attend the next hearing. Why is she doing it? Some people are just bonkers and have delusions of grandeur and think a Mother is more important than the law. AKA stupid.

You don't need to cite coercive control or make any allegations - she is doing a good job of digging her own grave, so let her. Your son needs to present as the child focused one and let the professionals see what his ex is like, without him accusing anything. The mantra is "I just want my child to be able to have happy loving relationships and time with both parents and both families and in both homes". Then add, - unfortunately the Mother has decided to refuse court orders and refuse for the child to have any relationship with myself, I therefore ask that the court makes a transfer of residency, with, initially, supervised time with the Mother - if she does not attend this hearing either".

So Scotay, did social services supercede your ex and they then had the courts permission to remove your child?
Yes they did.
As my ex was seen as a flight risk, she threatened to go to her parents French home which would have proved problematic to get the child back. They waited until the child was in school then presented the court papers to my ex when she arrived home from the school run.
Social worker then picked up my daughter from school, by this time the court hearing was over and i had temporary residence and child was brought to my home.

Thank you @Ash, (especially for removing my post 👍), @Peanut 21 and @Scotay.

Scotay, so glad you got a good result. Do children and parents in those circumstances get a lot of support from professionals? Also does she still have contact with her mother?
As my daughter was only 7 at the time yes she did get some professionals to talk to and still does at 12 now.
As for my ex, well if you had been on here years ago you would know the change of residence didn't make her mend her ways, the opposite actually.

Bearing on mind i already had a Non Mol order due to harassment via text, email and turning up late at my door and following me and my partner the stalking, vandalism on my car, even attempted child abduction went on and it took about 13 charges before she got convicted and even then only got a suspended sentence, that lasted 5 weeks before she was charged another 4 times, this time being in breach of a Restraining Order.

She got a total of 65 weeks, did half and got out on license, refused to engage with Probation so got recalled and did the rest of the 65 weeks. Got released from that and lasted 6 weeks as she started up the stalking again and breach the Restraining Order got sentenced to 30 months and ended up getting Sectioned and has been in secure accommodation since.

You've had a real time of it Scotay. So she got sectioned in the end. That must be a relief for you knowing it's not going to start up all over again. Apart from the flight risk, what were the main concerns social services had?

You've had a real time of it Scotay. So she got sectioned in the end. That must be a relief for you knowing it's not going to start up all over again. Apart from the flight risk, what were the main concerns social services had?
Psychological and emotional damage to a child along with Parental Alienation.
Yes they Sectioned her from prison, i had been saying it for years she had serious mental health issues so if they had done something years ago maybe she wouldn't have ended up at this point at all.

The barring order that was put in place to stop her raising further cases to Family Court expired the other week so we will see if she has changed if any further court applications drop in.

Back