Guest viewing is limited

Managing Life through Perspective

MagicJ

Experienced member
Hey All.

You will see that from the different posts I've shared on this sub-board that I am a great believer in trying different strategies to Manage oneself.

We all have plenty on ours minds, making decisions in haste in the heart of an emotion, whether positive or negative, is never stable ground from which to move forward.
To make great decisions for our own future we need stability, riding emotional waves to calmness so that we can then remind ourselves of our aims & our core belief.

This is an important platform upon which we build or re-build trust with ourselves - replacing negative self-talk with a positive internal voice - and then make solid decisions.

Where is the perspective then?

Well, if you are able to remain calm then you are also able to look at your situation in the context of the world in which we live.

Our children have good health, they live in a society where their needs can be met without difficulty & medical attention is free at source.
We also enjoy similar benefits as adults, albeit we are challenges mentally & emotionally, it is a far cry from what some parents are facing around the world.

This is does not mean the situation our children have been placed in not awful, nor does remove culpability of our EX's from creating unnecessary turmoil for all involved.

BUT perspective is key, as it allows us to remind ourselves always of WHAT WE DO HAVE.

I made this post as a reminder primarily to myself, to do more for my family & always stay positive - I am ensure being British & being Stoic mean the same!!

After everything my father has sacrificed during his lifetime to give his children a better life, I am sure I could have been a better Son & I can still do this today.
I found out this week he has been diagnosed with both Dementia & Bowel Cancer within a few days of each other - at his age & condition it is a difficult road ahead.

There is perspective once again - looking back at where your energy & emotions have been spent & remembering our legacy belongs to us & no one else.

MJ.

That is hard news to swallow Magic. And yes these things bring perspective. There are many treatments for bowel cancer these days and I hope your Father has the treatment needed to knock this thing on its head. The dementia is a hard one also but again there can be some treatments to slow the progress.

It's a time that can make you feel emotional, and also angry towards an ex when you're in the middle of legal things - as there can sometimes be crass or unsympathetic reactions. And people acting the opposite of what would be considered thoughtful. Some would even take advantage of it and kick you when you're down.

So as well as perspective - take time for your personal feelings outside of everything else going on, and protect yourself too.

Thanks for starting the thread @MagicJ . Bit of perspective is what I need right now after a shitty day in court today. You are on the money, it's so easy to forget how lucky, overall, we are in this country, ( albeit, some are luckier than others). I need to be counting my blessings.
Best wishes for your dad mate, hope he gets the best treatment possible.

Thanks for starting the thread @MagicJ . Bit of perspective is what I need right now after a shitty day in court today. You are on the money, it's so easy to forget how lucky, overall, we are in this country, ( albeit, some are luckier than others). I need to be counting my blessings.
Best wishes for your dad mate, hope he gets the best treatment possible.
Hey @Dirge , I'm glad the post has helped, I'm really sorry to hear about today, I recall you were in this week along with a few others.

We always hope for the best and prepare for the worst - anything I can do for you let me know.

Appreciate the words of support for my situation 🙏 ❤️

Really respect your stoic outlook man, it's much like my own so I relate to what you're saying, well done keeping strong and calm 💪🏻 it's not always easy

Back