Guest viewing is limited

How to submit evidence c100

CAFCASS are overstretched and under-resourced and as such, offer no real value. They are not fit for purpose. My interview was on the phone two days before my first hearing and lasted no more than 10-15 minutes. My dad, who has made a CAO in parallel with mine, didn't even get a phone call. They accepted his questionnaire only and based their assessment (i.e. my son's life) purely on that!! He was gob-smacked.

They have made multiple, unprofessional mistakes in my case, and we have had to nag them for late safeguarding letters, which were written very poorly with critical inaccuracies that I had to challenge. I could say the same thing for all of my dealings with Social Services in my county as well. Absolutely not fit-for-purpose.

Remember that CAFCASS are employed to make a recommendation to the court. What they say is not always gospel. And you can most certainly challenge it.

My son is flourishing at school too. But it's not because his relationship with me has been disrupted. It's because his school is really good. The teachers are brilliant and all the other kids are great kids. This does not change the fact that a child needs a father.

Fathers offer protection. We are role models. We offer encouragement. Emotional support.

Children who have an involved father are more likely to be emotionally secure, be confident to explore their surroundings, and, as they grow older, have better social connections.

The way that fathers play with their children also has an important impact on a child's emotional and social development. Fathers spend a higher percentage of their one-to-one interactions with children in stimulating, playful activity than do mothers. From these interactions, children learn how to regulate their feelings and behavior.

Children with involved, caring fathers also have better educational outcomes. The influence of a father's involvement extends into adolescence and young adulthood. Numerous studies find that an active and nurturing style of fathering is associated with better verbal skills, intellectual functioning, and academic achievement among adolescents.

There is no question that fathers play an important part in their children's lives: the majority of studies affirm that an involved father can play a crucial role, particularly in the cognitive, behavioral, and general health and well-being areas of a child's life; having a positive male role model helps an adolescent boy develop positive male-role characteristics.

The CAFCASS (and Family Court) mantra is typically, children benefit from two, safe, loving parents. Don't let the sometimes callous and unempathetic manner in which they compose a safeguarding letter deflate you. It's a casework production line. They give us no emotional consideration at all.

We are just as important as the mother in our children's lives. In a unique way that mothers aren't designed for. And demonstrating that to the court is the objective here. The power to influence the Judge etc to recognise this is in our power. 💪

Last edited:
Ady, you are brilliant! Suffered chemo whilst going through this sh*te and you're still here! You've probably had your darkest days and survived. You should be proud of yourself. Are you able to get some counselling? It's a living grief not seeing your kids. That on top of a serious illness is the ultimate pits and as you say, your ex had 0 % empathy. She's a narcissist or even sociopath. If you've had anger issues is it any wonder with what you've been through?

It sounds very biased, and the delays sound deliberate - in that they are favouring the Mother. Definitely have them cross examined at final hearing and you can get that report undermined.

Just seen the other replies. Agree with Kyle that the court thinks children do best with two safe loving parents. IMO a good percentage of Cafcass officers still believe a child only needs a Mother. Their social work training is so heavily into Mother is the most important thing. Karen Woodall bangs on about that all the time. It starts with social work training which has a feminist bias. Ironically - as I thought feminism meant equality - not superiority!

Yes so at 40 i went from being always healthy and only went to docs with a couple of niggles. They took my blood and 18 hours later I get a phone call saying go hospital immediately. It was a scary time and being self employed was worried financially. I still have it now and have it for life managed by chemo tablets, to look at me you wouldn't know.

My Ex wife never reached out or even asked me if it was hereditary. Although she once asked my friend "is it true he has leukemia"

At the last C100 I had to supply my medical records at the request of her solicitor. Was not a nice feeling that she got to read it

Mentally I like to think I'm strong, I've never reached out to counselling ad I find it hard to process listening to someone who doesn't know me how I should think about stuff.. probably my bad!!

I'm certainly demoralised by the whole situation, I felt a woman cries abuse and she is believed by everyone, when I was arrested on suspicion of harassment it was the 1st time I had ever been in a police station and I distinctively remember the guy behind the desk looking at me like I was a scumbag.

I said she is ignoring my texts and calls to see my kids and I was desperate. I was never charged with anything, but she started saying I was abusive during the 10 year marriage etc...

Even the CAFCASS felt biased, sounded sympathetic on phone in my interview but what was wrote was anything but. All I kept thinking was "what a load of crap" to everyt hing they wrote.

Last edited:
Counselling should not be overlooked. The stress this experience puts on us is not insignificant. Fighting for your flesh and blood is a massive emotional undertaking. Especially in the face of so much negativity and opposition. But us blokes are not very good at approaching this because of the inherent belief that we should just "man up" and be men. Serious mental health issues can and do develop if things are just bottled up. Chronic stress, depression, anxiety, or worse.

Venting to someone does help. Whether that be on here or face to face with a professional. I've been to some pretty dark places because of my experience and if it wasn't for the interaction of other dads in the same predicament and professionals I think I would of gone under.

Well worded position statements and eventually the court bundle give us the opportunity to completely discredit the mothers notion that we should not play our part.

Once this information all comes together, it itself can be quite therapeutic as it's you and your important role as dad describe in detail and can be a powerful tool that completely overrides the mothers attempts at misinformation.

Reactions: Ash
I think one of the best things about position statements is, you can feel empowered writing them and your sound, polite, blindingly reasonable arguments. As if you are writing your future. And hope it will be read as written. Plus it gets you heard, as you don't often get much opportunity to speak at a hearing (and can forget things or get tongue tied).

Back