Guest viewing is limited

How long Court application/order?

VikGal

I'm waiting for the reply of my wife on Wednesday. As I have mediated and my mediator sent her an email and she has 7 days to reply is she want to also mediate. And if she does than it goes to a joint session between us. Hopefully we agree on what we want. But what if we don't and most likely me knowing her it won't. And if I send my c100 how long does that take? I've read like up to 6 months or more. I've already not seen my baby in 2 weeks and it's absouletly killing me I don't think I'll be able to wait that long. Any answers here?

I know I could of looked it up on Internet but you guys the admin team are super fast and smart.

It's tough the waiting isn't it. It used to be you would get court papers two weeks after submitting the application and a hearing after about 4 weeks. That's changed since the pandemic. It depends on region but probably 6 weeks before the first hearing. When submitting your application, at the end of your explanation, ask the court to make an interim order until matters are resolved. That means from the time of the first hearing you get to see your child for some regular time, until all the processes are finished and you get a final order.

You could start filling the C100 in now, in case you need it (if you don't it's good practice to think about what you want for the future with your baby!). The form itself is just a form but there are some things to be aware of and an important part is also the bit that asks you why you're applying. The wording of this can help a lot. We can help with that - the box isn't very big. And while they don't want a full statement, it can help to be able to give a bit more info - so I write "please see attached sheet" in the box and type it out on a page of A4. Which is fine.

This will start you off - haven't finished the guide yet but it gets you part way through! There are some specific tips in this (that I learned the hard way). Invisible also posted a video on how to complete it.

How long since the mediator contacted her?

Back