Guest viewing is limited

Hearing info from a Solicitor

Ash

Administrator
Staff member
Admin and Moderator
I asked why Legal Advisers were doing hearings privately and FHDRA's were taking longer. The answer was - there is now a new triage system - apparently because the courts are overloaded.

"Because of the triage system that has been put in place. Case goes to CAFCASS for safeguarding, then to a legal advisor to decide directions, then to a fhdra after. Well meaning but creates delay."

Having said that I would think that when there are no welfare issues found by Cafcass FHDRA is likely to be quicker.

I asked why Legal Advisers were doing hearings privately and FHDRA's were taking longer.

I expressed my concern to my mediator about my FHDRA being held remotely via video conference. It felt to me like it wasn't being taken seriously at first. She advised that she's never been as busy as she is right now. Her firm is swamped with first meeting MIAM's at the moment. If the mediation industry is overwhelmed, you have to assume the courts are too. But it's more likely my exes justification for access denial they aren't taking too seriously and they don't wan't to clog up the physical courts with yet another malicious women denying a father access out of nothing but pure spite. I'll know soon enough. But 4 months from C100 submitting to first hearing is hard time to manage that's for sure.

I submitted c100 application in Nov 2020. I had my first hearing online in March 2021. The fhdra judge apologised for the delay.

The system is broken.

Video conference is perfectly fine. In fact it made it easier for me as I don't think I could have dealt with being in the same room as ex without feeling anxious.

Good luck.

Reactions: Ash
I expressed my concern to my mediator about my FHDRA being held remotely via video conference. It felt to me like it wasn't being taken seriously at first. She advised that she's never been as busy as she is right now. Her firm is swamped with first meeting MIAM's at the moment. If the mediation industry is overwhelmed, you have to assume the courts are too. But it's more likely my exes justification for access denial they aren't taking too seriously and they don't wan't to clog up the physical courts with yet another malicious women denying a father access out of nothing but pure spite. I'll know soon enough. But 4 months from C100 submitting to first hearing is hard time to manage that's for sure.
Four months is a joke for a first hearing. It used to be 4 to 6 weeks before Covid. Remote hearings are fairly standard for first hearings these days. It doesn't mean it's not being taken seriously, although it does make it harder in some ways as before people like solicitors and cafcass could go to and from meeting rooms between the parents trying to negotiate agreement before going before the Judge. I can't imagine how that happens via video link. Some final hearings are also remote as well.

Back