Guest viewing is limited

First interview with CAFCASS

Yomi

Hello,
I have my first interview with CAFCASS in a couple of days. Any tips on the things to focus on?

Mum has completed a C1A form for domestic and child abuse allegations. All these allegations have been investigated by the police and social services and all cases closed.

I have also raised safeguarding issues with regards to the children and they have rescheduled my interview for an earlier date.

However, I would like to focus on the children as much as possible as I do not have a personal issue with mum.
Any tip on how to balance my views during this interview to focus more on the kids and not mum.
My hope is for our children to live with both parents.

Hello,
I have my first interview with CAFCASS in a couple of days. Any tips on the things to focus on?

Mum has completed a C1A form for domestic and child abuse allegations. All these allegations have been investigated by the police and social services and all cases closed.

I have also raised safeguarding issues with regards to the children and they have rescheduled my interview for an earlier date.

However, I would like to focus on the children as much as possible as I do not have a personal issue with mum.
Any tip on how to balance my views during this interview to focus more on the kids and not mum.
My hope is for our children to live with both parents.

Firstly, remain calm, don’t mud sling or bad mouth the mother. Give them all the examples of how you have remained child-focused and make it clear that you want to co-parent and be amicable for your children.

But, you would also like a voice in regards to raising your safeguarding concerns. You could even ask the case worker if in their view, are your concerns valid.

Back