Guest viewing is limited

Final Hearing tomorrow

nothernsoul

Experienced member
Good morning all.

Brief summary.

Shared care with children up until September 2022 when mother unilaterally stopped contact when a new man came on the scene and raised all of the normal accusations.

Hair strand test proving abstinence

Report from counsellor and doctor showing no issues

Glowing reports from contact centre

No fact find necessary

Regular overnights and midweek dinners for the last 4 months.

Her final statement is weak and provides no evidence, just more mud slinging.

Mine is child focussed with plans to move forward.

Final hearing tomorrow. Barrister lined up and I'm confident of a better outcome than I currently have but also prepared to fall a bit short of the 50/50 I've applied for.

The only issue against me as far as I can tell is the status quo created by mother.

No surprise mother has slapped in a request to relocate 3 weeks before the final hearing. I'm hoping this proposed changed of status quo will work in my favour as I am prepared and able to relocate to make things work.

If anyone has any last minute words of wisdom or advice I'd be happy to hear them.

Really proud of how far I've come and thanks everyone for being a part of my journey.

Up the dads.

Sounds like you have all your ducks in a row so not sure what advice I would give, except get there silly early in case of traffic problems, so you can prep with barrister, etc, and wearing a suit goes a long way with magistrates.

Can I ask, how old are your kids? What was your shared care order? And how far from kids do you currently live?

God speed for tomorrow!

No real tips here, but good luck tomorrow. You sound calm and as prepared as it's possible to be. If she wants to upset the status quo with a move then hopefully this will work well for you.

Children are about 0.5 miles away with their school almost in the middle of both homes.
OK, your situation sounds similar to mine. At FH I was awarded EOW Friday Evening - Monday Morning, a 3hr teatime every Tuesday Eve, and half holidays. I felt like it was a 'good' result as my daughter had only just turned 3 at the time; so hopefully you get more contact as yours are a little older.

All the best for tomorrow!

So is this not going to be the final hearing after all then? Shame if she's managed to hijack the final hearing with her relocation application but good you have more time ordered.

Quick update

Not quite there yet.

Too many ifs and buts with a proposed relocation from mother.

Increase in overnights in an interim order and big chunks at holidays so that's progress for sure.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Onwards.
That’s amazing news Northern 😀🎉.

Yes she’s still trying things but that’s a huge step forward and I’m so so pleased for you.

Your hard work and dedication has paid off.

Back