Guest viewing is limited

Daughters deleted all our pics on her Socials

Alocacoc

Well a friend had access to my daughters socials (Im blocked)

And although I understand its only a "petty" thing, its still filled me with even more betrayal & anger.

My daughter has deleted all the pics of us, she only has pictures of herself & her dog (interestingly never uploads any of her & mom)

Even more eerily I cant put my finger on it, but she doesnt look like my happy friendly daughter anymore, she looks possessed & cocky.

And to sit here and think her mom wont be made to feel any discomfort by authority whatsoever

However hurtful that is, I wouldn't take it too seriously, because it's just social media. My son doesn't use it at all - he did have a Facebook account that his Mother opened so she could post lots of photos on to annoy me but I just ignore. Maybe girls are more into Instagram etc though.

One thing I will say is - I found my son was a totally different child when at his Mother's - he behaved like they did. Talked like they did, and had an attitude. When here he became more like a normal boy. I put that down partly to the attempted alienation which used to take hold. He grew out of that though. How old is she again? They can get a bit maverick when they become teenagers and be more interested in friends and love interests than parents. Although maybe it's different with girls.

Obviously it's going to hurt because you're banned from contacting her. But don't feel angry with her. It's your ex causing all this. Did you try that "letter before action" email?

I agree its almost like shes got a split personality, when she used to come to me there was no signs of any mental health, food, problems or tics, yet her mom would report about this "nervous wreck"(that apparently I was mostly the cause. her mom is actually neurotic so I think shes giving it the daughter

Shes about to turn 15

and yes thank you, My solicitor has done it for me, told her she has 3 weeks to encourage contact or she will be summoned before a judge to enforce a court order & explain herself.

Reactions: Ash
If she's about to turn 15, that's why your ex has done it now. She'd be in her 16th year as it was going through court, and the court probably won't do anything if she says it's her wishes. 15 they are growing up fast. But you might find she starts thinking for herself. My son did when he was part way in his 15th year. Now obviously, at the moment, she's being influenced by her Mother. I hope the solicitor's letter does some good - it may be a case of being low key and suggesting occasional things. They can rebel against any kind of rigid schedule (especially if the Mother is dissing that).

But hang in there and try to stay cool. Your daughter knows you. I think you'll need to keep reaching out via the solicitor in a low key way and see if you can get the occasional meet up. Eg solicitor could propose meeting for a walk or something.

If she's about to turn 15, that's why your ex has done it now. She'd be in her 16th year as it was going through court, and the court probably won't do anything if she says it's her wishes. 15 they are growing up fast. But you might find she starts thinking for herself. My son did when he was part way in his 15th year. Now obviously, at the moment, she's being influenced by her Mother. I hope the solicitor's letter does some good - it may be a case of being low key and suggesting occasional things. They can rebel against any kind of rigid schedule (especially if the Mother is dissing that).

But hang in there and try to stay cool. Your daughter knows you. I think you'll need to keep reaching out via the solicitor in a low key way and see if you can get the occasional meet up. Eg solicitor could propose meeting for a walk or something.

Im sorry you also had to go through this, I will update everyone when I know more

Reactions: Ash
Back