Guest viewing is limited

CAFCASS an intriguing update in my case

NewcastleBrownAle

Experienced member
I had the CAFCASS safeguarding call yesterday, was very long, about 1hr 15 minutes. She seemed to listen to my answers and appeared to have a good handle on the situation. She seemed quite candid and open. She explained how, in my case, the next thing is a gatekeeping court session (for which I don't attend) where CAFCASS meets the judge and they decide next steps. She hopes the plan is for a section 7 report before the FHDRA and also possible interim arrangements as well, if the judge doesnt agree then it will be a FHDRA first, but she says that to save time ( and in my case, she admits that delays will cause damage) the hope is for all to be put in place first.

This process change has been put in place locally to try to clear the backlog and reduce the awful delays that seem to occur , especially in some parts of the country , where it is acknowledged that the process itself is harming any chance of a reasonable outcome due to the delays.

With no fact finding, the only obstacle is that the ex is stubbornly refusing to take part in any handover, but doesnt object to be me spending time with my child, all a bit odd. Ex also claims I am making anonymous social service referrals, which isn't true, I have no idea what they are, when they were made or who by, so if I don't know who is doing that, how can she claim it is me ? I suspect this is another tactic she will try to employ at a later date, "if your losing, make it complicated" sort of strategy.
I now have to sit tight and wait to see the contents of the safeguarding letter.

To be fair, I expected worse....

Back