Guest viewing is limited

App users please advise

The problem is if your ex is not on board with an app, even if it suggested in court ordered recitals, she can just ignore it.

We have an app OFW and my ex is simply selective in what and when she answers, if at all.
If it's in the child arrangements and not the recitals, she can ignore it but it looks bad if she does, especially if she agreed to use it in court.

in those circumstances it would technically be a breach if she circumvents it, or refuses to use it.

Judge wasnt particularly happy when she refused to use it as was labelled as refusing to co-parent in court.

just another negative tick for the ex and would hardly amount to anything other than looking uncooperative.

When she said she wasn't using the app anymore I just sent a message to inform her I wouldn't be communicating outside the app as it was for us to co-parent on child matters.

I then got messages of relatives outside the app so I copied them and pasted them back into the app so everything is all in one place.

If it's in the child arrangements and not the recitals, she can ignore it but it looks bad if she does, especially if she agreed to use it in court.

in those circumstances it would technically be a breach if she circumvents it, or refuses to use it.

Judge wasnt particularly happy when she refused to use it as was labelled as refusing to co-parent in court.

just another negative tick for the ex and would hardly amount to anything other than looking uncooperative.

When she said she wasn't using the app anymore I just sent a message to inform her I wouldn't be communicating outside the app as it was for us to co-parent on child matters.

I then got messages of relatives outside the app so I copied them and pasted them back into the app so everything is all in one place.
Right, so it is established that in order for the app to be effective in any real way, it has to first be an explicit part of a child arrangements order and not any sort of recital, midway suggestion or the likes?

This could perhaps explain why I just got another interim order which did not include authorization of use of an app.

Right, so it is established that in order for the app to be effective in any real way, it has to first be an explicit part of a child arrangements order and not any sort of recital, midway suggestion or the likes?

This could perhaps explain why I just got another interim order which did not include authorization of use of an app.
Yes ask it to be put as part of the final child arrangements as its own point and not a recital. As I said, doubtful there's any major punishment for not using it but it makes them look bad if they refuse.

Yes ask it to be put as part of the final child arrangements as its own point and not a recital. As I said, doubtful there's any major punishment for not using it but it makes them look bad if they refuse.
Certainly so. I just don't get why I got slapped with another interim order without authorisation for an app, namely I don't understand the justification besides the missus simply not being "ready" for it?

Ok so if your ex is refusing to use an app, there is nothing you can do until the next hearing and then ask for it to be ordered. If it's an interim hearing, and she still refuses, again there's nothing you can do until a final hearing when you can argue for it.

I was going to say can you just use text or email meanwhile, but am guessing there's an NMO in place, is that right? When you said about having to use third parties. Or is it just that she's refusing to communicate?

If she is complying with an order then not much need to communicate anyway - just follow the order and live your separate lives. If she's not following the order and doing a few breaches, then you could look at doing a C2 application to enforce the current order and, at the same time, ask for a parenting app to be ordered to be used.

Last edited:
Ok so if your ex is refusing to use an app, there is nothing you can do until the next hearing and then ask for it to be ordered. If it's an interim hearing, and she still refuses, again there's nothing you can do until a final hearing when you can argue for it.

I was going to say can you just use text or email meanwhile, but am guessing there's an NMO in place, is that right? When you said about having to use third parties. Or is it just that she's refusing to communicate?

If she is complying with an order then not much need to communicate anyway - just follow the order and live your separate lives. If she's not following the order and doing a few breaches, then you could look at doing a C2 application to enforce the current order and, at the same time, ask for a parenting app to be ordered to be used.
No there isn't an NMO in place anymore, but the opposing solicitor argued for no direct contact to continue except in an emergency when I get the children (which the magistrate suggested). Yes, she's still refusing to communicate.

The magistrate also encouraged things not coming to a final hearing, the problem is I am lacking logistical support to take care of my children when I get them, so it's basically continuing to make things hard for me which I think is the aim of the opposing solicitor in particular. They know I am at a disadvantage because mother has absolutely all of the support and back up from the local authority and others, so the idea is to make me give up altogether. It also makes it hard I only got to see my children twice in a whole year and a half, and for the most part because of the punitive terms of the NMO.

Nobody is going to be confident in their own parenting skills due to that alone, but the court showed me this time better than any other visit previously, just how much they couldn't give a toss about my own difficulties and needs in the given situation. I now realise I am pretty much forced in to 'working my way up' probably without an end in sight, which probably includes going to court every few months next year. And for what realistically- just to get ordered around again and a bit more?

Back