Guest viewing is limited

After the sealed order - new allegations and further dealings with solicitors

Hackedoff_dad

Experienced member
So after having contact cut for the fourth time now, and having a full order in place from the family court, been breached so many times now, I still have not heard anything about the C79 form I have emailed to the court (not paid/don't know how to yet) I receive a solicitors letter basically saying that the narc says contact can continue (probably because the child is giving them hell right now) but only in a contact centre and only if I pay all costs, she got no joy from CMS as there is an order in place, this will have angered the narc, so my question is has anyone been in a similar boat, I really can't be bothered with solicitors again I am of the belief I have done all the heavy lifting, and all this psychological abuse will just continue anyway over the years. Do I need to even respond to it? if anyone has any advice it would be great to hear..... what about mediation again no doubt she will refuse as she has done twice before.

anyone got any advice on this? do I even reply to the narc's solicitor or just leave it till the c79 bounces?

If you have a cheque book, I'd write a cheque and send it to the court.

If you have been at the case for a while while and you have (you do) a final order by consent and she has not adhered to it then it needs to progress. At the enforcement hearing you should ask if thr threshold has been met for a Section 37. Your ex is not working in thr best interests of the child/ren and is subjecting them to emotional harm.

do anything to get the c79 through faster, contact the court phone/email and pay with debit card. I can see cheques being a disaster in a system like this

Definitely phone the court and pay over the phone by debit card

Nothing gets processed until payment, your C79 will be at the bottom of a pile that will get forgotten.

It's another hurdle dad's have to overcome, you got to keep contacting the court. They are understaffed, they don't answer phones, but you have to keep trying and trying and trying.

Definitely phone the court and pay over the phone by debit card

Nothing gets processed until payment, your C79 will be at the bottom of a pile that will get forgotten.

It's another hurdle dad's have to overcome, you got to keep contacting the court. They are understaffed, they don't answer phones, but you have to keep trying and trying and trying.
Both the above answers are correct in stating that you need to persevere.

This is something that occurred to me and is very well made point by Daddy.

******until payment is made, your application won't be considered filed.****'**

Both the above answers are correct in stating that you need to persevere.

This is something that occurred to me and is very well made point by Daddy.

******until payment is made, your application won't be considered filed.****'**
this happened to me, applicaiton was stuck in limbo until it was paid for.

this happened to me, applicaiton was stuck in limbo until it was paid for.
Absolutely PJ.

Unfortunately, unless you actively chase the 'back office' of the courts any application will stay in limbo.

And getting the application paid for and considered is only the *first* hurdle. A judge can always decline to hear an application or dismiss it with or without agreement later on. So hackedoff_dad, do please chase hard.

much appreciated for the support here,

I managed to pay for the c79 my process and comments are as follows: (yes it was £255) - after a month (told me the price and said did I want to continue)

I have been told that the c79 is a shorter process in court as all the more complex issues have been dealt with in the c100 so its more straight forward, I am also told that the c79 is just a directions hearing, so going in there thinking that you can mess the courts about new allegations etc this is just a directions hearing (if someone has had one maybe you could share what happened that day?)

The court told me, it should be pretty quick and will be dealt with on the day, I have messaged my barrister who has told me to contact him when there is a date for court, you don't have to mail 3 copies out "well I did not have to" as she is named and addressed on the c79 they have said they will do the rest and manage all the communication to the recipient.

Next steps I have no clue but maybe some one could share a c79 experience? tips for court etc?

But once again thankyou for all the support.

Hi there,

Afternoon, so I just have all the paperwork back from the courts for the c79 I put in. I now have a court date for Direction, I have phoned Cafcass to check all the info and they have got it all, then it's asking me to obtain another MIAM before attending a FHDRA is this correct? In the past I have asked for 3 of these which I have had to pay for, I spoke to a MIAM guy who said this is very unusual for an Enforcement order, can anyone help me out here with the direction of Play for a c79 if I need one I will have to act quickly I guess. Thankyou :)

It may be in reference to the length of time since your last MIAM. They are only valid for 4 months.

It may be possible to seek clarification from the courts whether they think another MIAM is necessary. Usually, they insist before an application, which means I doubt they want one.

It may be in reference to the length of time since your last MIAM. They are only valid for 4 months.

It may be possible to seek clarification from the courts whether they think another MIAM is necessary. Usually, they insist before an application, which means I doubt they want one.
yeah this is true, so the new fee for that is £120 then £60 to sign it, not sure what to do, courts have said its up to the Judge

I would write formally to the judge - by letter- copying all parties - to seek clarification.

Is this due to the delay in processing the c79 and the mediation certificate expired? If so it would be a good idea to email the courts. You could always just MIAM and explain to them and then sign off without engaging in further mediation.

When my partner applied for enforcement he wasn’t asked for a MIAM and didn’t have one. That was in 2021.

I applied for c79 enforcement in October 2023 and a MIAM wasn't needed or requested. I paid over the phone the day after submitting my application via email and got a hearing about a month after.

I had the same direct access barrister throughout basically the entirety of case, up until and including the final hearing, and she never said there was any need for MIAM for enforcement. She was quite good I should add.

Yes, if they are not new proceedings then a MIAM is not necessarily required. However my case was over with a final order in place. The judge ordered that a MIAM had to be sought before proceedings were again.

I would write formally to the judge - by letter- copying all parties - to seek clarification.
I don't see that as an option, I have spoken to the courts and all I can do is follow the process
Yes, if they are not new proceedings then a MIAM is not necessarily required. However my case was over with a final order in place. The judge ordered that a MIAM had to be sought before proceedings were again.
So I have a final order but I am trying to Enforce it, did you have Cafcass and a FHDRA again? or was it all dealt with on the same day?

Back