Guest viewing is limited

Witness Statements, tips

Yes you can cc her and her solicitor if she has one.

Hi guys, I recently emailed my daughter’a teacher as she asked me to speak to them regarding how she felt, as she was sometimes sad at school due to the new arrangement. She was worried that if she asked her mum, she might get told off (I know 😩).

I emailed her teacher and within the email, I mentioned that i had applied to the court for resolution.

I’m unaware of the rules and I may be playing this a little safe. But am I ok to use this as an exhibit with that inclusion? I think it’s important that I can show how manipulative her mum is and that I’ve have to circumvent her to get messages across.

I don’t wish to get on the wrong side of the court by showing I’ve discussed something about court with another person.

Thanks!

Lastly, upon reflection, should this be filed to the court in person? Or email? Or both?

Thanks.
One thing I found through my proceedings (I was LIP) is that when I filed documents via email, on every occasion - on time, correctly, using their upload centre for the bundles. I always turned up to the hearing and they always did not have something. It was extremely frustrating.

So when I did my appeal following my final hearing, I spent a little more on some slightly nicer paper, I got a few of those see through plastic wallets with index numbers on and I got a £50 printer. I then personally took it to the court and handed it over. Those next three hearings each time the Judge had those nice bits of paper, the plastic wallets and every page I printed out in front of him. So myself and him was working in harmony getting to ‘Section F. Paragraph 33 D and Evidence Statement 5’ in seconds, the ex and her legal were fumbling around like idiots for minutes - I consciously sent the other party only the email of documents for the sole reason of I knew they wouldn’t of even looked at my email and in turn resulted in me just pinging back and fourth to the judge my arguments and position extremely quickly and clearly and with thought.

Does anyone have an actually full example of a witness statement? In my case there not a lot to talk about and I think it's primarily just being frozen out before baby was born and then shortly immediately afterwards. I just would like to see what a full example would look like .

There are templates for the layout but I doubt you'll find anything with sample content because they are all individual and contain evidence. That will be quite a while off yet though. So I'd think about that nearer the time.

There are templates for the layout but I doubt you'll find anything with sample content because they are all individual and contain evidence. That will be quite a while off yet though. So I'd think about that nearer the time.
I saw this video which linked to the "statment of hate" which i found to be a chuckle.

I thought there there may have been another fictional example that was more realistic as a guide, would be useful content.

I was advised to include photographs, plenty of them so I had a dozen of me and little one having fun doing stuff together. Out and about, smiles. It broke up the text really well and a picture does paint a thousand words.

She submitted one picture of the little one on her own and endless pages of text/waffle/dirge that it was a real struggle to get through.

Maybe it varies on the circumstances and age of the child. I was advised the opposite. Not to use photos. My Solicitor said courts don't like things like that as everyone has happy photos and they prefer documentary evidence.

The school should have some form of support for the kids, depending on the age.
Just to be aware the school’s interest is in the child, and pretty much whatever you now say or do will be documented as they’ll expect CAFCASS or the police to ask them for their opinions.
They’ll be savvy to parents trying to put the other parent in a bad light.

Just continue to focus on your child’s best interest, and try avoid the acrimony- it just destroys kids when they’re exposed to parents arguing.

Reactions: Ash
Maybe it varies on the circumstances and age of the child. I was advised the opposite. Not to use photos. My Solicitor said courts don't like things like that as everyone has happy photos and they prefer documentary evidence.
I found that putting in a good cross section showing the variety of what I do with them and a positive, child focussed WS, contrasted heavily against the mudslinging and lack of evidence from their WS.

I couldn't tell you for definite if that is what made the difference or just the sheer situation but it did feel like it tipped the balance of probability which is really what you're fighting in court.

Yes I can see that in some situations it could be helpful and positive, and even prove something. I kind of wish I had used a couple of photos from the times my son spent Christmas Day with me, because ex's statement claimed he had always spent it with her! They would have proved that was a lie! If you can show date stamps on photos it could help in some situations - I think there's a way of copying a photo with the file data showing - eg the date.

If it's a very young child it could help show you were involved in the early years.

Back