Guest viewing is limited

Will this be used against me?

aldren

I've been accused of being "mentally unstable". The fdhra is coming up in a few months. I do have a mh history, but it is well managed. Due to the wait, I'm conscious that my anxiety levels are higher, so I've self referred for cbt. The other parent also has mh issues, but has put their mood has improved and can be backed up by a counsellor. They are still undertaking counselling.

I'm bewildered and upset that the pot has called the kettle black. It appears that they know how to push my buttons and continue to do so. I'm not depressed.

Hi. Really sorry to hear this. This is all part of the unpleasant, adversarial system. What will often happen is at FHDRA they may ask both parents to produce a GP letter and something like this can say you are stable and well managed. I think most people have a degree of anxiety going through court. The most important thing is how you present yourself at hearings. So it's important to try and be calm and sound child focused and talk in a calm measured way at hearings and that will show the court you're fine as well.

Hi. Really sorry to hear this. This is all part of the unpleasant, adversarial system. What will often happen is at FHDRA they may ask both parents to produce a GP letter and something like this can say you are stable and well managed. I think most people have a degree of anxiety going through court. The most important thing is how you present yourself at hearings. So it's important to try and be calm and sound child focused and talk in a calm measured way at hearings and that will show the court you're fine as well.
Thank you. Issue is the other parent is so sure and confident about themselves. Having had time out and I can look at things objectively, I can see fault from both sides. I made the decision to block them on WhatsApp following advice and invited them to a parenting app. They have refused to engage with it. The issue is that the other parent is an oversharer and have shared things that are a cause of concern. The relationship was very brief and I said that they needed to seek professional help because I could not help them. They continued to do it over messages regardless. I thought the parenting app would also help refocus, as I put a picture of our daughter on there. I think that will be used against me possibly too, as they have already said I'm controlling.

Try not to worry. It's very common for ex's to accuse all sorts. Are you getting to see your children at all? If so I expect most of her allegations will be ignored.

Back