Guest viewing is limited

When its a lives with/spends time with order

hazemaze

When it's a lives with and spends time with order, how do you arrange holidays times? And school holiday term times? Can they still be split in two?

When it's a lives with and spends time with order, how do you arrange holidays times? And school holiday term times? Can they still be split in two?
A lives with and spends time with order should contain a clause relating to holiday time.

It might say holidays to be arranged by agreement. Term time schedule might apply on a 'hereafter' basis, i.e. over holidays as well. Some say holiday to be divided equally.

It will depend on the order wording and your relationship with your ex. The first order is likely to be disadventageous to the 'spend time with' parent. If things do not work, another application may be necessary.

Sorry, I do not think there is a simple answer. Please let members know a bit more. I'm sure there will be people who have dealt with the situation you are in.

The standard is half the school holidays. Regardless of whether it's lives with both or spends time with. The theory behind that is that all "quality" time is 50/50. Quality time being week-ends and school holidays. "Care time" is classed as Monday to Friday during term time.

Which is why a basic standard order for spends time with is usually every other week-end, a midweek night or tea time and half the school holidays.

It used to be a midweek night as standard, but these days, with the way the culture is going, it is sometimes just a midweek tea time.

Sorry I maybe didn't answer your question there. Yes each holiday can be split in two. It depends what you ask for. You can ask for/propose that all holidays are equally split into two clear halves. If you do that it would be important to also say when you want holidays to start and end. Or that can lead to a lot of arguments and ex's messing about. Eg do holidays start from the last day of term and end on the first day back of the next term (including all the week-ends in between) when they are split in half. Or do the holidays start on the Monday after the last week-end of term. The latter means that the last week-end of term is a normal term time scheduled week-end and there is a full week each from Monday to Monday at say Easter and Christmas. Because Easter and Christmas are actually about 18 days long usually and include three week-ends. So although the latter does give a full 7 days each, it's not always ideal as it stops someone having a Saturday to Saturday holiday if they want. Also it means one parent gets the extra week-end and it might not fall equally every year.

Personally I prefer to ask for holidays to commence from the last day of term and include all the week-ends and split into two clear halves. To keep it simple and avoid arguments. But within that you will also need a clause stating something like "if the last day of term is not a Friday, the holidays will commence at 4pm on the Friday after term ends". Because sometimes schools end terms on a Wednesday or Thursday!

Back