Guest viewing is limited

what to do

NewcastleBrownAle

Experienced member
For those following my case, I'm still waiting for arrangements to see my child, I'm told my ex is being "awkward". What really worries me is that I heard last night, that a friend caught up with my child's older sister , sporting marks round her neck, which she explains is where her mother tried to strangle her, I've seen this before many times but seems to be worse. She is almost 18 but her mother polices her phone, removing contacts and reviewing her comms , prevents her speaking with her father (not me) and charges her money for lodging (a lot) and she has to supply her own food and cant be in the house when her mother isn't there. I'm worried that this violence and controlling behaviour will be witness by my child ( which it has in the past) , she has also scared them by saying she is court and Is fighting to stop her children being taken off her ( a nod to the fact that I'm going through court as she cut me off).
Should I mention this to CAFCASS?

Who has told you she's being awkward?
Is there any way your exs other daughter would speak up for you now she's 18? I understand if she couldn't though.

Who has told you she's being awkward?
Is there any way your exs other daughter would speak up for you now she's 18? I understand if she couldn't though.
the icfa lady told me she was being difficult to arrange things with "awkward" .. the daughter is 17 and is as big a liar as her mother, although what she said is most likely true, its hearsay ... it wasn't said to me, but to a mutual friend who called me last night.

It's good the icfa has said she's being awkward.
Surely this information would be passed on to cafcass in their reports?

no, it is new information, thats only just happened. My friend found her in the street with strangle marks around her neck. Her mother has always tried to micro control her , and now she is almost 18, its leading to constant and escalating violence.

Did this friend report it to the police or encourage the 18 year old to report it to the police?

In my case after the seven weeks of ICFA the provider passes a summary back to CAFCASS. In your case either way CAFCASS made the referal so if the mother is making the process difficult it would be a surprise for that not to be noted.

Back