Guest viewing is limited

Varying Order

mva

Experienced member
I am going to apply to vary my CO. Am I right in thinking its basically the same as applying for a new CAO.

The current order gives me 7hrs every other Sunday, Supervised by my parents and Im not allowed to drive them.

My ex will not be willing for any change.

I going to ask for 9hrs every Sunday unsupervised plus driving and one evening a week from school till 8pm. Plus some overnights during holidays. I would ask for more but im just being realistic,

The current CO has run for 2years. FF found DA and MH against me. I cant change the fact find so have to live with it. I can get supportive letter from GP regarding MH and therapy etc.

My Boys 10 & 12 have asked me for more time, but fairly sure my ex will manipulate prior to any wishes and feelings with caffcass.

Do I first email ex asking if she is willing to change, then offer mediation, then apply. I know she wont budge at all but want to follow the process and prove to court that I have tried to resolve??

thanks for any advice

I am going to apply to vary my CO. Am I right in thinking its basically the same as applying for a new CAO.

The current order gives me 7hrs every other Sunday, Supervised by my parents and Im not allowed to drive them.

My ex will not be willing for any change.

I going to ask for 9hrs every Sunday unsupervised plus driving and one evening a week from school till 8pm. Plus some overnights during holidays. I would ask for more but im just being realistic,

The current CO has run for 2years. FF found DA and MH against me. I cant change the fact find so have to live with it. I can get supportive letter from GP regarding MH and therapy etc.

My Boys 10 & 12 have asked me for more time, but fairly sure my ex will manipulate prior to any wishes and feelings with caffcass.

Do I first email ex asking if she is willing to change, then offer mediation, then apply. I know she wont budge at all but want to follow the process and prove to court that I have tried to resolve??

thanks for any advice
Just bumping this . Grateful for any advice . Thanks

Because she claimed that I would drive my children off a cliff , and pushed it in Consent Final Order. My solictor just said to let it go as I had run out off money for Final Hearing representation.

Horrendous from ex

Yes it's just the same as applying for a CAO. You use the C100 form again but in the box on the front you put "Application to vary current Child Arrangements order". The rest of the form is the same, you put the explanatory bit in box 5b (or put "please see attached sheet" in box 5b and attach a sheet). You still need a MIAM sign off.

You could write to your ex and ask to vary it, but I suspect she will guess you're thinking of applying to court then. Likewise if you start mediation. But you will need to try and start mediation.

I would suggest you have a MIAM, and then send your ex a message saying you would like to try and agree a bit more time with the children and think that mediation might be the best way to discuss this.

She will then hear from the mediator, inviting her to mediation. Presumably she will decline, you get signed off mediation and put the C100 in. I would have the C100 already completed and ready to go to send off, before she is invited to mediation personally, so you can get a quick MIAM sign off and get the application in, if she says no to mediation - which she almost certainly will, claiming DA.

Reactions: mva
Because she claimed that I would drive my children off a cliff , and pushed it in Consent Final Order. My solictor just said to let it go as I had run out off money for Final Hearing representation.

Horrendous from ex
Omg!! Their madness knows no bounds.
Do you live near any cliffs? Who puts these ideas in their heads 🤣

Horrendous from ex
I had this relentless line to our son that I was likely to crash the car b/c I have a metabolic disease.

The fact that the dvla gave me a licence and I'd not had a crash ever didn't shut her up but nobody took any notice. Actually never once did the boy show any fear it didn't work as an alienating strategy.

Omg!! Their madness knows no bounds.
Do you live near any cliffs? Who puts these ideas in their heads 🤣
Seeing as I drove a fast response car as a paramedic in London for 20 years without an accident and ex has had several. Also if I was going to massacre my whole family including myself I’d prob do it irrelevant of a court order. Also the nearest cliffs are near Brighton and is much prefer to take kids to the beach an ice cream 🙄

Seeing as I drove a fast response car as a paramedic in London for 20 years without an accident and ex has had several. Also if I was going to massacre my whole family including myself I’d prob do it irrelevant of a court order. Also the nearest cliffs are near Brighton and is much prefer to take kids to the beach an ice cream 🙄
I reckon she's projecting. She's probably had visions of driving off of a cliff.

Back