Guest viewing is limited

Using a Solicitor as a one off instead of direct access barrister.

Dirge

Experienced member
I've Had short notice of a FHDRA, regarding my application for a PSO and SIO, (as detailed in my flight risk thread), even though we've been to court once and magistrates issued directions rejecting my application. I've emailed all the local Barristers chambers asking if anyone is available to represent me on the day. Not had any luck.
Is it possible to hire a solicitor, effectively just for the court hearing, instead of a DAB? if so, other than ringing round every solicitor's office, is there a quick way of finding out which solicitors would undertake one off hearings?

Yes you could get a solicitor to act for you at court at short notice. I did that once (before I knew about Direct Access Barristers). It was at 48 hours notice. She read everything I sent the night before and turned up to do the hearing next day.

I would suggest just contacting one that you think sounds ok on paper, and ask if they can represent you at a hearing on x date. You can then disinstruct them after the hearing, saying you hope you can use them again at some point when funds permit - or something like that.

Back