Guest viewing is limited

Update on my case post FHDRA - Thoughts?

Siesta72

Hi Fellas,

So had my FHDRA on the 23rd Jan, ex had requested that there be screens in place so we couldnt even see each other (a bit pathetic)

She had also tried to change the hearing date beforehand under the excuse of 'had not had time' to arrange her FREE legal aid solicitor, turned up late and without a position statement.

The judge obviously denied the adjournment and the case went ahead.

Because of all of the allegations she has made they said they could not support any interim contact act all (I suggested contact centre but judge did not want to do this as he said that they are not nice places) so everything is on hold pending a section 7 report by childrens services.

I did send over my position statement to her mother on the morning of the hearing and she responded straight away with her email, - I assume they were crapping themselves thinking I had one up on them.

Since the court hearing her mother will not respond to any messages or emails or any form of contact of me politley asking where how my son is and asking for any pictures. I am finding this incredibly frustrating that anyone can be so thick and obstructive. Have had nothing at all in terms of photos or how he is since Sept 11th

So again no contact at all until s7 report has taken place and absolutley no contact from her and her family despite me paying £144PW in maintenance.

She is now fully playing the terrified victim card and probably deserves an oscar for this acting performance.

Anyone got any tips on how to cope mentally with this as their behaviours are incredibly annoying and I feel like now they are just doing everything that they can to make me suffer, as I doubt in the long run they will not be able to cut me out of my sons life like they seem to so desperately want.

Any tips on what I need to do to prepare myself for the section 7 report/what is involved etc?

Thanks

I have my FHDRA coming up in the next couple of weeks.

This is what I am dreading, the judge not allowing interim contact before the next hearing whatever that ends up being FF etc.

I will also suggest CC and hopefully they agree.

I can't advise on the S7 as I have not got that far, but all the best with it.

I am very sorry to hear this. It seems quite unbelievable that a Judge would give a reason for no supervised contact as "they are not very nice places". Sometimes they will accept supervised in the community.

This is really tough having to wait. Hopefully the section 7 will go your way.

@Siesta72 - I know this is off topic, but do they list the next hearing date on the day of your FHDRA?

Or do they get in contact at a later date with the next hearing date?

@Siesta72 - I know this is off topic, but do they list the next hearing date on the day of your FHDRA?

It’s usually next available date after x date I think.

That’s what happened with mine anyway but it may be different depending where each court is

As a general rule, it is what @DB2021 stated however this can be influenced by Counsel & the Judge.
For example, if there has been a long wait already, you are in a large backlog jurisdiction, your Counsel has requested it.

It's mainly dependent on how busy the court is, which presiding resources are available & how much time is needed for that particular hearing.
So small hearings at 1 hour length tend to be easier & quicker for court to fit into schedules than half day Hearings or multi-day Fact Finds

Any tips on what I need to do to prepare myself for the section 7 report/what is involved etc?

Thanks

There are a lot of threads on the forum that explain what the outline of a S7 is & how Cafcass conduct them, they are worth the read.

Ultimately its supposed to be a mechanism for Cafcass to gain a more detailed understanding of your situation.
They can however vary quite a lot dependent on what Cafcass are actually hoping to achieve & as recent posts from S7 experiences show.

If you get a chance to read them & have any questions that are particular to your circumstances let us know.

Back