Guest viewing is limited

Transcripts

BirminghamUK

Founder Member
I've never obtained transcript before

Is there a do's an don'ts list

What is the procedure?

Reason for my post:
The mother was caught lying to the judge on a number of occasions.. it will be in the transcript. I want to share that transcript with legal aid fraud.

Suggestions, discussion and advice please.

Example :

Do you know mr x well?

No

Look at exhibit f

Well why have you sent him your personal details sick note and employment details

I was wanting some administrative help from a friend.

Why does he ask if you are feeling OK after receiving a sick note from you?

I don't know.

Why does he call you babe?

I call everyone babe

No, he is calling you babe?

I don't know why he is calling me babe.....

-------------------
Is this your number 07###########

No

Look at exhibit x please

Then why does the owner of the number send personal documents in the middle of a conversation flow relating to these documents

Oh yes that is my number and he was helping me with admin as a friend

Last edited:
I've never obtained transcript before

Is there a do's an don'ts list

What is the procedure?

Reason for my post:
The mother was caught lying to the judge on a number of occasions.. it will be in the transcript. I want to share that transcript with legal aid fraud.

Suggestions, discussion and advice please.
I would be careful with legal aid reporting for fraud, it can be used by the ex to claim financial abuse And control on the court….even if you have the evidence to prove her lies.

I would be careful with legal aid reporting for fraud, it can be used by the ex to claim financial abuse And control on the court….even if you have the evidence to prove her lies.
I was thinking along the lines of after judgement and orders have been made to progress CAO (and the NMO has been discharged).

For a 2 day hearing it could cost hundreds of pounds. I think I paid about £160 for a transcript of a half day hearing - and that was about 5 or 6 years ago.

For a 2 day hearing it could cost hundreds of pounds. I think I paid about £160 for a transcript of a half day hearing - and that was about 5 or 6 years ago.
I used the cheapest company 3 years ago. It was not far off £500 for a 1hr hearing and a 3hr hearing.

It was useful, but not as useful as I hoped. Not everything was captured in the transcripts.

Also, I am not sure about the value of chasing formal reprimand for telling untruths.

I struggle to believe there is a mechanism by which this can be done. The lies are too brazen, lazy and consistent.

I would focus on using the lies to undermine her credibility.

I used the cheapest company 3 years ago. It was not far off £500 for a 1hr hearing and a 3hr hearing.

It was useful, but not as useful as I hoped. Not everything was captured in the transcripts.
I think the transcripts are word for word actually - even the ums and aahs. Mine certainly were - nothing missing. But if there's a Judgement, the Judgement part of the transcript has to go back to court for the Judge to approve and the Judge can actually amend the wording if he wants.

hi,
sorry to jump on this thread but what is the procedure for applying for a transcript? I'm reading that I have to complete a C2 first and then the EX107. is that correct?
Also does anyone know if cafcass are able to read the court transcripts? the court have turned down our application to submit evidence so cafcass are unable to view the evidence we have.

hi,
sorry to jump on this thread but what is the procedure for applying for a transcript? I'm reading that I have to complete a C2 first and then the EX107. is that correct?
Also does anyone know if cafcass are able to read the court transcripts? the court have turned down our application to submit evidence so cafcass are unable to view the evidence we have.
No need for the C2, just fill out the ex107. It is worth speaking to the companies about prices and turnaround. I used the cheapest, but they missed part of what was said in court. Maybe this was because all remote at that time, but I'd probably go for middle of the price scale if I ordered again.

Edit
You can add exhibits to your position statement for the final hearing. My transcripts came into play like that and helped immensely at my final hearing. So, no need to apply for permission.

As Resolute says - you can use the transcription as evidence with a final statement (not sure about a position statement).

Back