Guest viewing is limited

Thanks for listening

phillador

Ok I met a woman back in may last year… I had previously worked with her for in substance misuse services as a practitioner in drug treatment… I left the service after a few months.. we became friends over social media and didn’t speak for a year or so… I knew at the start she was married from when we worked together, but we always got on as friends. Anyway conversations developed and she informed me at the time that her and her husband had become estranged… she said that they had been going through difficulties and that she didn’t love him. She became a little flirtatious, which I expressed I wasn’t comfortable with given she was still married… she reassured me that the marriage was over, so we began to meet up over a few months things developed and all the way through we had shared lots of intimate parts of our lives…. She had two other children from previous relationships, one which was abusive and the second one she fell pregnant to a danish soldier who according to her had ptsd from being posted in various combat situations, she said that he ran back to Denmark because he was scared of becoming a father… I had some issues later on the year before and ended up in court charged with affray, I have various testimonials from people to say that I was trying to resolve an unfortunate situation and I just got caught up in the crossfire.. she agreed to be supportive and came to the court date… that weekend she fell pregnant after she had said we were going to move forward and get together after I had met the children… we had planned some kind of future together and we both wanted another child… so things went on I’d booked a private scan and we were spending more and more time together… I did question where her husband was in all of this given she’d taken her children to Florida shortly after falling pregnant… she said I was being paranoid and that I should perhaps seek help for anxiety from my gp, admittedly I did suffer with sleep issues and I managed to get that addressed.. I went onto Escitalopram and she also made me delete all the messages on social media plus my account and all of our pictures from my phone saying I don’t want you to use them against me. I thought this strange but did it (to a degree) I knew that all of my information is backed up onto clouds as I am quite tech savvy so although I’d deleted them initially they were still backed up elsewhere (lucky for me) anyway things started to break down from there, just subtly at first, then come September, well since then it’s been sheer hell… it was her wedding anniversary and I’d messaged her via text as normal, she seemed off and said to leave her alone, and it came out that her husband had sent presents ect in celebration of the anniversary… she said at first she was going to tell him about us and she said that she did. I then questioned whether he knew about it because I’d discovered I was blocked on his social media.. she stated and I’ve got it in email ‘if he knew he’s a bloody good actor’ then later she said he knew all along… my head is spun up ve challenged her on so many levels and there are so many lies and contradictions I don’t know what’s what… I’ve sent her an email to request a DNA and also suggested mediation to no end… I’m 99.99% sure it’s my child and that her intention was to get pregnant because her husband can’t do it, but it doesn’t mean I walking away…

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I've removed your name and age from your post :) Best to keep things anonymous where possible legal matters are concerned.

Sorry to hear all this and of course you want to know if the child is yours or not. If she's not responding to communications then it's tricky. Presumably she is "back together" with her H and wanting to get on with her life. He may also be wondering if the child is his. You went through various things with her including a private scan and you have a right to know. I suggest you get a half hour's free legal advice. Most solicitors will do this. You can get three free half hours with three different solicitors maybe. Some are more helpful than others.

But I would think, if she's not responding, you'll need to apply to court for a DNA test to be ordered. I believe it's better to have that done after the birth. There are pre natal tests available as well though but I'm not sure if they're accepted by the courts or not.

You would probably need to have had a MIAM (first mediation appointment) to apply to court so I'd get that under your belt now. You go along for the first appointment and the mediator will invite her to attend mediation (if you want that). Or you can just say you want signing off after the MIAM to apply to court. The only legal requirement is to have had a MIAM. A MIAM lasts for four months. When is the baby due?

If she doesn't want this public, then she might respond to a message if you politely say you would like a DNA test and hope this can be agreed rather than you apply for a court ordered DNA test. If she doesn't want things going to court or coming out, she might agree to a DNA test.

Here is a guide on court process if cooperation is not forthcoming:

Getting a "declaration of parentage" through court can be time-consuming. So, it might be a good idea to get started as soon after birth as possible.

Hi both,

I fear that the truth is far worse than being back together with her husband, I’ve been told so many lies I don’t know what the truth is… my theory is that he was around the whole time and that this is their way of having a child… she said in one email that they had been going through some difficulties the year before, October 2021 and she told him she no longer loved him, with that during one of our conversations she said she’d not been intimate with him since that time… I fear that she may have proposed paying for IVF to which they realised they couldn’t afford and that’s where the difficulties ensued… I could be wrong and I hope I am but I just don’t know what to think… I have a friend who is a corporate lawyer and he’s spoken with some of his friends plus my I’ve conducted my own reading so I’m well informed on the legal front, I will need help with costs as I’m not that well financed…
There is so much confusion, during the early development of the pregnancy she had some bleeding. Obviously this was quite distressing, she went to the hospital as one would. I wasn’t invited and it was during school run. I asked about the other kids and she said that her husband was picking them up and so he knew about the pregnancy… I was very upset, the then stonewalled me for weeks I had to beg and plead to know if our baby was okay. She went as far as having me arrested because I was distressed calling her and emailing… she said that I was harassing her. She continued to eventually speak to me after she had filed the charges, I fully cooperated with the police and showed them all of the content on it and the catalogue of lies. They released me with no further action and told me to be careful with her… now we spoke for a while then she said she’d moved out of the family home.. then communications ceased her stating we don’t need to speak all the time, I will give you updates about the baby when needed the last appointment being in November. Nothing since then…

Technically. If she doesn't want to be in a relationship with you any more, and doesn't want you to contact her, then there isn't anything you can do until the baby is born. Do you know when it's due?

I am aware of that myself, I don’t want a relationship of any sort after this debacle… all that matters to me is the child we created I want to be a part of its life and not to be treated like one would say ‘a mushroom’ (kept in the dark and fed full of manure) baby is due 04/04/24 I’ve already spoken to a friendly chap from friends of fathers and things will be set in motion then… cafcass report paternity test parental rights application for now… I’m trying to remain hopeful that once I make the necessary moves outside of that then I may hear something, but all failing courts are the last resort… I’m making great sacrifices to show her that I really want to be a part of our babies life which includes moving to an area and self improvement health wise it’s all I can do for now :)

PJ had a similar situation - as it's her body then until the child is born she can do what she likes. Bizarre really.

It must feel very confusing and upsetting if you think she and her H had an agreement and she just used you as some kind of sperm donor. That seems a bit unlikely to me, as she must know you would have parental rights in that case, and that probably isn't what they would have wanted - if they wanted a full time child of their own.

It must feel very confusing and upsetting if you think she and her H had an agreement and she just used you as some kind of sperm donor. That seems a bit unlikely to me, as she must know you would have parental rights in that case, and that probably isn't what they would have wanted - if they wanted a full time child of their own.
I know it’s all just gotten silly really emotions running high, like I said I am just continuing with my plan and holding on with the hope that it will be okay although it’s tough not knowing anything. Part of me is thinking she wants me to show her that I can but then there’s that small seed of doubt, it’s just the lies that I cannot stand at least you know where you are with the truth even if it’s bad

Reactions: Ash
What would I do if she has moved abroad? Her email address no longer exists now I’m in complete panic with all of this at the moment…. I don’t know what to do or what to think

Is that likely? Once the baby is born you can do an urgent prohibited steps application to prevent the child being moved abroad - if you think there is a risk of that. Eg if she has ever talked about it or is originally from another country. Until then I don't think there would be much you could do. But it seems unlikely maybe?

She's probably just changed her email because she doesn't want contact. You can actually use a tracing agent to find out where she lives, if you get concerned, but keep the results to yourself or you could be accused of harrassment etc. Until the baby is born she is a person with a right to privacy.

There are no laws prohibiting her from leaving the country while she’s still pregnant… it is a possibility that I’ve considered when considering I don’t know the actual truth about anything… I’m just not overlooking any scenario at this point… I know that I just need to stay calm and focus on being ready, it’s just when that panic hits it’s hard to handle… I’ve suffered so much trauma growing up and I 100% trusted her, which is hard for someone who trusts no one… I’ve settled my mind because I realise the outcomes depend on how I respond to them, it’s the only way for me to process it… going having a beer blow out anything like that isn’t a healthy option, not that I’ve ever had a problem with alcohol, but it has been my go to in the past just to get blotted. It only ended up making things worse… I made a nice meal instead it helped me to calm my mind and have some clarity of thought… I really appreciate the advice given so far, it’s good to know I’m not alone so thank you :)

Reactions: Ash
Just keep posting and let it out on here. And the counselling will help too. Broken trust is the worst thing about a relationship going wrong. There will be things you don't know - what's going on in her mind etc.

That’s the hardest part for me is the dishonesty of it all... Honestly I’ve been through so much through the years, I’ve been kicked down but always stood up and fought.. I’m not perfect, I make mistakes but I own them and most importantly I learn from those mistakes… with things like this emotions run high and things get said. But I see now what you say doesn’t matter, it’s what you do going forward that counts… I know what I need to do.. I’ve just got to stay that course…
I still care for her immensely and I always will she’s my baby’s mother whether good or bad… she is a good mother to her children not without scars herself but I shouldn’t be punished and viewed the same because of those scars…

You're not being punished. You're just someone who fell for someone who hadn't actually broken free from a marriage. It causes pain all round when someone is seeing two people at the same time.

She did say she felt unwanted and unloved by her husband and I gave her that so it was good at a time when she fell pregnant…I’m just disappointed that she felt she had to lie to me… I am very understanding but honesty is everything, lying just destroys everything good in the end…

Back