Guest viewing is limited

Temporary increased income

Jon300

Hey guys, first post in here and I’m hoping you can help.
I’m in the uk, recently separated from my fiancé with whom I have a lovely little 6 month old boy.
So I work for Amazon and get 90 quid a day and set up child maintenance payments based on that number. In June il be starting a second job that will last for 2 months only but the wage will be around 120 a day, my question is, will my ex partner be entitled to any of the temporary jobs income?
Thanks.
Jon

Hi.

Assuming you're self employed you should be filing a tax return by 31 Jan 2023 for earnings in tax year 2021/2022.

CMS will use that figure submitted to HMRC to calculate.

HTH, SS.

Sorry should of said I’m self employed for Amazon but will be not be self employed in second job

Sorry should of said I’m self employed for Amazon but will be not be self employed in second job
Ok, so tax return filed for Amazon work and any other self employed income, income earnt as PAYE also with HMRC, calculation based on the two sources.

Differential occurs however. PAYE income return goes to HMRC sooner than a filed tax return, so can be the case that CMS calc is not based on concurrent income, because self employed declaration for the same tax year is made later. Eg, PAYE for 21/22 & self employed total for 20/21.

Hope that makes sense, SS.

If your income changes by more than 25% you should notify CMS. Will the extra money mean you earn 25 percent more over the tax year.

Reactions: Ash
I don’t think it will over the year, it’s only over 2 months. This is what I’m thinking, if she tells them that I’m doing that work as I believe I’m not legally obliged to let them know I have another job but if they ask I have to be honest. Just wondered if she tells them if they’ll increase it.
Thanks very much for the replies guys!

I think you can wait to the next year as long as that income doesn't increase by 25%. Pretty sure that's what the cms stuff mentions

Back