Guest viewing is limited

Summer holidays

Ash

Administrator
Staff member
Admin and Moderator
Still having problems with my ex breaching holidays. I have something booked for the summer just to try and get son here. Her tactic is to get him to tell me he doesn't want to go and he wants to do something else. Waiting to see what happens. He's a teenager now so she's trying to make out he's deciding things for himself. She basically just wants him to reject everything I organise. Which he sometimes does. He tries to make up for it. But he seems to think he has no option but to do what she says. Contemplating a specific issues order.

So she's spent a lot of time texting him - no doubt telling him all the events she's planned when he should be here! I sent a firm email asking her to confirm she will be following the court order and the dates son should be here for the holiday and requesting a response by 12 noon today. Zilch! Instead she texted son a lot tonight. He looks uncomfortable and won't say what is going on.

The situation will be - I'll tell him our holidays are x week and I've informed his Mum. He'll say nothing. He'll go back and ex will say - son wants to do this instead. He'll just be under stress again. But if I did manage to get him on this holiday, she would ruin it - probably stop his pocket money for weeks to punish him. I am not quite sure how the courts can deal with my ex. Residency would be the only thing that works. At least I get to see him regularly. It's only holidays she breaches! At the moment I can't see any point enforcing as she won't follow orders anyway and is quite clear about that. And with his age they are likely to believe her claptrap that he wants to do his own thing more.

But if she breaches this summer I might have to apply for residency.

Surprisingly yes. I sent a firm email stating the court order had to be followed and asking for confirmation of the dates by Friday. Didn't get a reply. But son said he was coming those dates. I think she knew I would go for a specific issues order (and more) if I had something booked (had to do that before). In a way though all it's done is delay going back to court as she's already clear she's planning to breach Christmas. So this is just a carrot and a delay tactic until son is older. At least he'll be here over the summer - if it happens!

Back