Guest viewing is limited

Spends time with

HAPPYDAD2

Evening, l have been through 4 years of court proceedings and finally the family law system came good. All allegations dropped on the day of the final Court hearing June 2023. The court ordered that l spend time with my son every other weekend pick up from school on a Friday and return back to school on Monday morning. I also get half of all holidays too.
My ex now says that she is pregnant and has a fella. Once baby is born I want to go back to court and vary the order so that l have him from a Wednesday night and drop him back to school on Thursday morning. My son is also diagnosed with ASD.
Does anyone have any advice on what the judge might rule? or been in this position?

I think it very much depends on the circumstances. I'm surprised you didn't at least get a midweek tea time but I'd think you'd have a good chance of getting that at least, if you returned to court in future. Are the holidays defined weeks? Or just to be agreed? If your ex plays up and is obstructive or unreasonable about agreeing holiday dates or other matters, file all that info away as it could help your case in future. How old is your child?

Well done by the way.

I think it very much depends on the circumstances. I'm surprised you didn't at least get a midweek tea time but I'd think you'd have a good chance of getting that at least, if you returned to court in future. Are the holidays defined weeks? Or just to be agreed? If your ex plays up and is obstructive or unreasonable about agreeing holiday dates or other matters, file all that info away as it could help your case in future. How old is your child?

Well done by the way.
The holidays are as follows- Court Order half terms l pick up from school return on the following Wednesday.
Easter holiday equally split. Friday to Friday
Summer holiday 3 weeks each
Christmas Christmas eve to Boxing day this is every other year

The holidays are as follows- Court Order half terms l pick up from school return on the following Wednesday.
Easter holiday equally split. Friday to Friday
Summer holiday 3 weeks each
Christmas Christmas eve to Boxing day this is every other year
My son is nearly 5 now and has autism diagnosis. The judged ruled out midweek overnight as l live 30 miles away from the school however, if l were to move closer should l vary the order and go back to court.

You could try but you'd probably need to wait a year.

Back