Guest viewing is limited

Solicitors with little contact

Anyone else having or had solicitors or barristers that take an absolute age to get back to you or don't even acknowledge your emails? Do you stick with them or find someone else? Thanks dads

Anyone else having or had solicitors or barristers that take an absolute age to get back to you or don't even acknowledge your emails? Do you stick with them or find someone else? Thanks dads
Do I get in touch with them and ask why I'm not getting replied to or will that just piss them off?

Yes I’ve had the same . But the delay is exes solicitors simply ignore my solicitors email . Every time I send my solicitor a chaser email , I get billed for a draft chaser plus letter to me . It’s a complete joke . What are they ignoring you about ?

It can be frustrating but you have to remember that most of them are either in court most days or working on other cases.

There should be a clerks team that supports them administratively, especially if they're Direct Access Barristers that operate as part of a chamber with other Barristers to spread costs. Sometimes getting on the phone gets a better response than an email.

Yes I’ve had the same . But the delay is exes solicitors simply ignore my solicitors email . Every time I send my solicitor a chaser email , I get billed for a draft chaser plus letter to me . It’s a complete joke . What are they ignoring you about ?
Problem is that the ex is on holiday with my son this week so could be that she's not responding, but they could still tell me that or update me, was in court last week and interim contact was agreed so I've been sent a first draft of proposed order which I have sent proposed ammendments too. I know I won't get to see my son this week but I want everything in place for contact as soon as hes back

It can be frustrating but you have to remember that most of them are either in court most days or working on other cases.

There should be a clerks team that supports them administratively, especially if they're Direct Access Barristers that operate as part of a chamber with other Barristers to spread costs. Sometimes getting on the phone gets a better response than an email.
I do copy the solicitor her secretary and the barrister in but getting nothing from any of them, just an acknowledgement would be nice

I had one solicitor who wouldn't speak on the phone at all or do emails. I could only pass messages via the secretary (leading to a lot of communication errors) or book a face to face appointment (for which I was charged a lot of money). I got rid and found another one but it's hard to find a good one. I wouldn't change just yet as you need your draft order sorting out and they were the ones at court.

If you haven't heard back by the end of the day, try phoning the solicitor's secretary tomorrow morning.

If you haven't heard back by the end of the day, try phoning the solicitor's secretary tomorrow morning.
Thanks Ash, yeah I'm not going to change just yet while things are still up in the air, I've spent fortunes on these people for things, up to now. I could have done myself

I'm not sure you'd have got an interim arrangement like that without legal representation though. Courts are dire with interim orders at the moment.

You can do applications yourself though (and sometimes better than a solicitor would do it as it's in your own words).

I'm not sure you'd have got an interim arrangement like that without legal representation though. Courts are dire with interim orders at the moment.

You can do applications yourself though (and sometimes better than a solicitor would do it as it's in your own words).
I can do an application now while court is still going through?

Sorry no, I meant you could have done your initial application yourself without a solicitor.

Sorry no, I meant you could have done your initial application yourself without a solicitor.
Ah ok, got you, yeah, you're probably right, they think of things you won't and they know things you won't, as I'm sure we all do in our own work

I am not a big fan of Solicitors - but barristers are worth paying for. Solicitors just run up bills, don't do much and make mistakes. Barristers come into their own at hearings and win cases for you. After my second court case I just used a direct barrister if I had to go back to court again and did the rest myself.

I am not a big fan of Solicitors - but barristers are worth paying for. Solicitors just run up bills, don't do much and make mistakes. Barristers come into their own at hearings and win cases for you. After my second court case I just used a direct barrister if I had to go back to court again and did the rest myself.
I'll have a think on that Ash, I'm notbimpressed with what I've seen so far to be honest

Back