Guest viewing is limited

Solicitors Dirty Tricks

Daddy

Experienced member
What I have learned over the years of litigation regarding child arrangements is that the other side's solicitors are full of tricks to strengthen their case against the dad who is usually self repping anyway.
I thought solicitors were to be highly respected and getting letters from them was quite serious. The reality is the complete opposite.

From my experience they have a habit of leaving out your documents in court bundles.
One dragged their heels with regards to acquiring court ordered police disclosure to the point where I rang the police myself and sorted it within a week, and just in time for the fact finding hearing. That police disclosure really helped my case and contradicted what the police statement said as there was body cam footage.

I've had them send draft orders and say that it is an order. I had to double check because they had used the official template that the courts/ counsel use for writing orders. To any unassuming person, it looked official.

I'm sure I will remember a few more but that should get the ball rolling. Please share your stories.

Portraying a false narrative in draft orders is a big one. The underhanded wording of documents ie the mother agreed to interim contact PENDING the outcome of the hearing etc.

One even put a C2 application along with statements in a bundle even though the court had not issued such application.

Another is sending me the bundle less than 24hrs before a hearing, password protected and didn't even ask me to include any documents.

Reactions: Ash
Putting in position statements a few minutes before a hearing is another one they do.
I think solicitors are scum to be perfectly honest.
They prey on people when they're vulnerable and all the time taking peoples hard earned cash.

Absolutely. A Solicitor acting for an ex is ruthless and some will ignore protocol as well. I sometimes think some of them are a bit schizophrenic. They can act for either a Dad or a Mum and they have to take the opposite tack, whichever they're acting for. I had one situation where my solicitor actually agreed something with the other solicitor without even consulting me!

Back