Guest viewing is limited

Single dad summer holiday recommendations with kids

proud_dad

Experienced member
Founder Member
I've been divorced for 3.5 years and have never had a proper holiday with the kids in all of this time for one reason or the other.

I want to take them somewhere this summer, preferably abroad. Any ideas?

The boys are 7 and 12, like theme parks / water parks, adventure stuff. They get pretty bored of beach holidays.

Thanks!

Ok, I appreciate your set uo ;-)

I'd head for France on four wheels and a ferry and think of the adventure that brings. Depending on budget and capabilities I'd stay either camping or SC.

I'd aim to spend large on 2 days out....theme park/water park and perhaps something like Go Ape, and for the rest of the days I'd do stuff that is adventurous but economical....fishing, beach combing, forest walk with outdoor cooking......

Just my thoughts, HTH, SS.

Reactions: Ash
There's also Centerparcs in France - one of them near Paris so you could do Paris as well. Although they tend to be really expensive.

Personally I like Cornwall and Scotland - but maybe not enough to do. And the Lake District - you can learn to sail for a week and loads of outdoor activities - go ape and mountain bike centres etc.

Would avoid August in France and Spain - can be unbearably hot - which is why the French all have August off work.

Agree with Stay Strong - part of it is about having full on time with your kids for a while. I just usually rent a holiday let - a kind of home from home - and plan days out and activities from there as a base. You could do that in any country really. And yes a ferry is always a good experience. Too much driving and they'll get bored though :)

I've been divorced for 3.5 years and have never had a proper holiday with the kids in all of this time for one reason or the other.

I want to take them somewhere this summer, preferably abroad. Any ideas?

The boys are 7 and 12, like theme parks / water parks, adventure stuff. They get pretty bored of beach holidays.

Thanks!

Back