Guest viewing is limited

Seeking Advice on Financial Settlement Offer

Atlantic53

I received a counteroffer regarding the financial settlement. The offer is for 55% of the equity in the family home in her favor. Leaving pension if we settle it out of court. The house valuation is two years old, and I would like to accept the offer by paying a cash lump sum without selling the house. I was the sole earner in the household. The house is in my name and was purchased just before the marriage. Our marriage lasted 10 years, and I am still paying the mortgage.

My question is: how do I settle this and convince her that I want to pay the 55% of the equity in cash, which we agreed upon at the start of negotiations?

Assuming you have the cash equivalent of 55% of the equity or would you need to remortgage? Has you ex suggested what that equity split is based upon in terms of property value?

Thanks. Ex started financial settlement two years ago. The family home is on my name and I was the sole earner. We estimated the cost at that time and started negotiating. Still not in court yet. Now she is asking sell the property and share the profit. I would like to remortgage and pay her in cash for full and final settlement. The cost of the property estimated two years ago, since I was paying mortgage. I don't have solicitor so I want to make sure I am going in right direction.

Back