Guest viewing is limited

Section 7 report - How to prepare - advice please?

TheSoul

Just got off the phone with Cafcass - FYI the woman did her absolute best to twist my words in every way.

So shes going to order a section 7 report. I need to know what to expect and what to know. Do's and don'ts etc.

Our child is currently in my custody by court order and has been for the last 2 months. Since a section 7 report can take 12-16 weeks i would imagine custody will stay the same.

Thanks in advance!

They will most likely come and talk to you and gather your views.

The main thing to do is avoid bashing the ex and try to remain child focused. It is very hard and you are guarenteed to say something as we all want to get things off our chest, but try to remain focussed. Start by stating your concerns about your children, what you want to happen and how this prioritises and is best for the children. Show that you have a clear plan in place.

They will most likely come and talk to you and gather your views.

The main thing to do is avoid bashing the ex and try to remain child focused. It is very hard and you are guarenteed to say something as we all want to get things off our chest, but try to remain focussed. Start by stating your concerns about your children, what you want to happen and how this prioritises and is best for the children. Show that you have a clear plan in place.
Thanks for the reply. Yes bashing the ex is something thats hard not to do. but i will take your points onboard!

Back