Guest viewing is limited

School issues

Cheese_Head_1986

Founder Member
I have been having problems with my daughters school. They know I'm her father and I provided all the necessary information for that and they acknowledged this.

I asked to be kept up to date on my daughters education and progress along with such things as sports days and school plays etc. But have heard nothing.

I've contacted the school and the headmaster directly requesting updates but they haven't replied.

I'm getting extremely frustrated with this lack of communication.

Is there anything else I can do other than continuing to email and write to them?

Hi

So they won't send you their newsletters with dates for events etc?

Is there any reason for this as far as you're aware.

Have you considered legal advice at all. I realise it probably seems a bit much for the situation but they might be able to give you a few pointers as when an authority is acting like this sometimes you have to be prepared to make the necessary complaints etc to get them to play ball.

Hi Cheese_Head. Hope you're doing ok. This must be very hard, if it's the only feedback you get about your daughter. I suspect the ex, as sole resident parent and "parent with care" has told them not to deal with you. However you do have certain rights to be informed about education if you have PR. If the school aren't responding, you can write directly to the Local Authority, stating that you have PR, and the school are not complying with your rights to be given updates about your daughter's education. The school usually do it then if the LA gets on to them. You could add that there was a court order in place which your ex stopped following and there are no welfare issues with you.

Would suggest making an in-person appointment with the headteacher to explain your concerns.
The problem I've been having is that I've not heard anything back from my numerous phone calls and emails to the school and the headteacher. I'm just being ignored and I don't know what to do

The problem I've been having is that I've not heard anything back from my numerous phone calls and emails to the school and the headteacher. I'm just being ignored and I don't know what to do
My little ones school are very good at their educational role but through the past year I have unearthed their role in supporting my ex in her little games. A school cannot discriminate.

If you aren't getting the communication that you are entitled to, legally entitled to, your next approach I think is to write to the chair of the board of governors to complain. The headteacher will be on that board too. It should be clear on the schools website who they are. And if you want to know exactly what's been going on behind the scenes you can submit a SAR request vias the ICO to obtain all data held on you and your little one.

Perhaps go the school and see if you are able to talk with the headteacher. If they are busy then ask the receptionist to make an appointment. Always remain polite and courteous despite the frustration. Keep persisting.

Back