Guest viewing is limited

S7 coming up and need advice

Merlin836

Experienced member
I'm sorry Ive only flitted in and out of here recently . There's been a lot of stuff happening in my personal life and it's affected my time and other things so I've been quiet here.
I've got a S7 this week and Im so worried , I'm trying to prepare the house best I can and more etc .
I've not been allowed any interim time between the hearings , fact find was deemed unnecessary at the last hearing and it's been a painful wait to this moment .
My barrister said to ask about my mother being a supervisor for supervised contact with my child which I would love .
I know it may seem silly possibly but how do I ask about this .
Cafcass may not ask or even suggest so do I just bring it up and how best to word it .
I'm panicking about what and what not to say , I'm going to try my best to keep it child focused , I'm always polite and friendly .
My phone interview many moons ago I felt went well , the lady was very friendly but the report did not mention one single thing about the child focused aspects and spoke mostly about the allegations made by my ex which were hardly brought up during my interview .
This disheartened me a lot so I'm hoping it goes well
Although I wanted it to move fast so I'm hopefully one step closer to having my daughter back with me I'm also wishing I could just have a another day or two to prepare !!
My head is spinning

My phone interview many moons ago I felt went well , the lady was very friendly but the report did not mention one single thing about the child focused aspects and spoke mostly about the allegations made by my ex which
Was this for a s7 or just a report?

You can suggest your mum supporting and then when you do a position statement for your next hearing request it

All I'm seeing is dads doing their utmost, bending over backwards for Cafcass and nothing coming of it. Just say your piece.

Reactions: Ash
I had a home visit for my Section 7 report. I spoke calmly and clearly and I didn't feel rushed. The FCA asked to look around my home but nothing about my home was mentioned in the report. I discussed many positive and child focused things during the visit which weren't included in the report. I denied the allegations which the mother raised and presented documents and evidence which proves the allegations to be untrue but these were also disregarded in the report.

The report is paragraphs and paragraphs speaking positively about the mother and then using a negative narrative when referring to me.

Recommendations for no interim contact based only on flimsy accounts from the mothers which is absolutely shocking.

Was this for a s7 or just a report?

You can suggest your mum supporting and then when you do a position statement for your next hearing request it
The phone interview was the first one I had with Cafcass just before the first hearing .

Just try to be yourself. Try and keep the conversation child focused. Suggest supervised time with your Mum until matters are resolved. She is bound to bring up ex's allegations so just say something like - it's disappointing she is saying these things as they are untrue. I wouldn't try to explain what actually happened/why she might say it etc as you could just dig yourself into a hole because they're analysing you partly. They are Mum biased so they main thing is to come across well and don't say anything negative about the ex. Say you want to co parent amicably and suggest a parenting app might help communication.

Let us know how it goes, I wish you nothing but the best. Unfortunately, I have not experienced it yet so can not offer any further advice.
I have my S7 deadline date in circa 5 months time, they have not reached out as of yet but I am certainly taking on all the advice I have been reading on this forum and will prepare as best as possible.

It more than likely be a case of the cafcass officer was very nice and seemed to understand my plight then get the report and say wtf this report is full of lies and supports the mother.

Back