Guest viewing is limited

Resources section

Resolute

Experienced member
I was looking at the articles recently and was shocked at how few times they have been downloaded. Might there be a benefit to making them available or linked on the forum?

TBH (šŸ¤­) it was the first time I realised there is a second page of articles. Might be because I only access DWK on my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at the articles recently and was shocked at how few times they have been downloaded. Might there be a benefit to making them available or linked on the forum?

TBH (šŸ¤­) it was the first time I realised there is a second page of articles. Might be because I only access DWK on my phone.
They are linked on the forum and the home page under the heading "Legal Resources". On a computer screen that is quite prominent. I agree that on a phone screen the heading is not so prominent (which is why sometimes I link a specific resource article in a post so it;s found easily).

I can look at making that heading more prominent for mobile layout (which will need some coding but that's ok!).

Last edited:
They are linked on the forum and the home page under the heading "Legal Resources". On a computer screen that is quite prominent. I agree that on a phone screen the heading is not so prominent (which is why sometimes I link a specific resource article in a post so it;s found easily).

I can look at making that heading more prominent for mobile layout (which will need some coding but that's ok!).

There's also the suggestions section on here if anyone has suggestions as to categories or sections etc for the site.

I think I see, there is a legal resources tab on the forum page. If that is what you meant, it only shows in landscape on my phone. I was kind of thinking of something as prominent as the stickies. If it can be made so people have no excuse not to see, they might get answers more easily. On something as complex as witness statements, I consider it reasonable to expect people to do the 'book work' necessary to develop their own take on nuances. Hopefully it will be possible to at least have stuff in the right format before needing help with things.

There definitely needs to be a resource on Witness Statements - it's something I've avoided till now as it's so complex and advice I read when applying to court, and sometimes pass on, is - if you can, have a solicitor help construct - even if just as a one off fee. That being said - you still have to find all the evidence and supply that and it needs some toing and froing of drafts. And some people can't afford a solicitor at all, or would rather save the money towards a barrister for a final hearing.

The legal resources articles serve the purpose of giving in depth info on a topic, along with official resource links - whereas the forum is more for sharing advice and tips - which can be personal opinion more. What I'd really like is some really good examples of good witness statements and have never been able to find any. But then I've been busy! Plus everybody's case is different.

As for the forum display - the mobile website displays very differently from a computer screen where everything is clear. I'd like to add some top bar links to it, which will take some work. Because not everyone immediately sees the hamburger menu top left.

What they see initially is the home page articles or the forum page, depending on which page they've bookmarked. There are a few mobile friendly things I can try adding. But I still think there's nothing like discussion with other members rather than just going straight to a resource.

The resources are then all in one place, whereas threads can get lost even if stickied. From the start it was always structuring decisions - which things should be a stickied thread, and which things a resource. Some things can be a bit of both but the resources section usually has everything in one place as opposed to discussions.

I'm also becoming aware more people use the mobile view than the desktop/computer view (from various statistics) so I'd like to try and do some work on the mobile view - there are limitations though as software always displays differently on a mobile screen with a different OS. This software is better than most though!

I always got the impression that most people join up when they're desperate and don't immediately go to look for resources but have questions or need support. It's more of a forum with addons than a website with a forum!

It should look like this on mobile view. If you tap on the menu (three bar hamburger menu top left)

Screenshot 1.png

Then if you tap on Legal Resources, it should look like this (clearer than that! Blurry screenshot).

Screenshot 2.png

When tapping on a resource article to open it, it should look like this

Screenshot 3.png

There will be a lot of "downloads" as resources are attached as a link and only viewable if tapping on download - when actually it is opening a web page as opposed to actually downloading (mostly).

Back