Guest viewing is limited

Refusal to allow overseas travel

BrassTacks

Experienced member
Very frustrated at continued abusive and controlling behaviour by my ex. :-(

We’re still cohabitating whilst we resolve contact issues (mainly due to her refusing contact for 11 days) and financial issues (what’s mine, hers and ours is hers, according to her).

We’ve settled into a good 2:5:5:2 “contact” schedule but nothing is agreed wrt contact after I leave.
We’ve largely agreed a holiday schedule, and I’ve taken the little one camping and to other holidays in the UK to date with no issue (other than what appears to be a jealous ex.)

The little one is doing well at school, and is less impacted by our separation than could be.

She’s prohibiting overseas travel, and after agreeing in writing last year (“DocuSign contract”) she refused to give me the passport at the last minute (I lost the costs of the flights :-(. )

Police say I can go for a month without her permission or court order. (Not checked this legally).
She’s got the passport locked up.

Now she’s saying she has undisclosed “serious” concerns. She’s said she AGREES I can travel overseas with the child BUT only under a court order so I have to make an application. She says any time I want to travel I have to make a specific issues application.

We’ve already proceedings so I suspect a specific issues application will be joined with other proceedings (non-mol (mine, and her counter), occupation order now contested by ex, child arraignments).

I’m about to submit an urgent specific issues application to be able to go overseas over Easter, Christmas, and Europe in the summer to entomb my mums ashes in our family crypt).

Any thoughts and suggestions on how to try get the application through successfully?

Back