Guest viewing is limited

Questions to ask/information to request at my daughter's nursery

MAN_B

Hi all,

I'll soon be meeting for the 1st time with the Headteacher of the nursery that my daughter goes to.

Daughter's mum has finally provided the nursery name and address after nearly a year of refusing to. She was court ordered to provide it.

For some background, standard false allegations by my ex of SA, DV, and all the rest to the court, police, and Social Services coupled with periods of refusing to let me see my daughter. All false allegations beaten.

We only communicate via email.

Does anyone have advice re what I should ask the headteacher or information I should request?

Thanks in advance.

Part of the answer could depend on how often you are seeing the child.

Is the nursery part of a school? The nursery we used had an owner/manager rather than a headteacher. Here are some candidate questions:

Please can you share EYFS records so that I can understand how child's development milestones are progressing.

Can you explain how staffing works, does each child have a Key Worker?

How will the nursery keep me updated on areas where development can be supported at home? I would love to support the behavioural/developmental/social work being carried out at Nursery.

Does the nursery use an e-journal of any kind? Please can you let me know how I sign up for this.

How often does the nursery hold meetings/consultations with parents? How are these communicated so that I can attend?

Please can you give me an outline of the standard yearly programme, e.g. sports day, christmas party/play, easter egg hunt... Is there opportunity for parents to attend or contribute to these events?

Part of the answer could depend on how often you are seeing the child.

Is the nursery part of a school? The nursery we used had an owner/manager rather than a headteacher. Here are some candidate questions:

Please can you share EYFS records so that I can understand how child's development milestones are progressing.

Can you explain how staffing works, does each child have a Key Worker?

How will the nursery keep me updated on areas where development can be supported at home? I would love to support the behavioural/developmental/social work being carried out at Nursery.

Does the nursery use an e-journal of any kind? Please can you let me know how I sign up for this.

How often does the nursery hold meetings/consultations with parents? How are these communicated so that I can attend?

Please can you give me an outline of the standard yearly programme, e.g. sports day, christmas party/play, easter egg hunt... Is there opportunity for parents to attend or contribute to these events?
Thanks @Resolute, I really appreciate it.

Currently I only see my daughter every other weekend but I've made an application to vary to get more time.

Do you think the above questions apply once she starts school?

Every other weekend is plenty of time for the questions to all apply. I was thinking that if you are not seeing your daughter some questions would be irrelevant.

School questions would be different, but along the same lines. A big part of school and nursery meetings I've been to has been small talk and friendliness. If you can, it is good to lay the ground for you having an active role as well.

Back